Wanted: Sweetwater Exodus Porter Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parasonic

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm from Atlanta where we are quite proud of our big local microbrewery, Sweetwater. They don't distribute much outside of the southeast, but I thought that I'd go ahead and give the question a try. I'm looking for a clone recipe for this porter. It's deep and malty stuff--almost chocolate. I read that it's won a bunch of awards as well. Has anyone tried to recreate this stuff?

Thanks.

Seeing as this post is 5 years old and needs to be readdressed I'll bump it to the top. Anyone who hasn't had an Exodus Porter needs to come to the southeast and enjoy one.....then make a recipe! I'd love to be able to recreate this one, but am far too new to home brewing to figure out something that intricate. Sweetwater makes a fantastic IPA too.

Cheers,

Exodus is one of my favorite Sweetwater beers. Wish they had it year round. Here is my partial mash clone recipe.

7.0 lbs LME
1.0 lb Munich Malt
0.5 lb Chocolate Malt
0.5 lb 80 Crystal Malt
0.5 lb Black Patent Malt

1 oz Centennial (60 min)
1 oz Golding (5-10 min)

Nottingham yeast

I used http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/sweetwater-exodus-porter/174/ to figure out the Malts and Hops

This is one of my favorite beers.

7.0 lbs LME
1.0 lb Munich Malt
0.5 lb Chocolate Malt
0.5 lb 80 Crystal Malt
0.5 lb Black Patent Malt

1 oz Centennial
1 oz Golding

Nottingham Yeast

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was looking for this as well. I used to do the SweetWater tours in college in the early 2000s and Exodus was my favorite. I don't know why they discontinued it.

Anyway, I'll have to give this recipe a try, but convert it to All Grain.

http://www.beermonthclub.com/sweetwater-exodus-porter-2.htm

Here's a link that gives some insights into the ingredients.

Back