Hello from New Orleans, LA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewstalker

Reaction score
Hi there,

My name is Aaron, and I recently moved to New Orleans. I'm now magically opening a homebrew shop!

It's called Brewstock, and it's in an old 150 year old barge board creole cottage. The front has been redone for retail, and I'm living in the shack of a back...I can see lawn through my floorboards, and sky when I sleep:)

I used to be on these boards a while back, then got out of college and started working way too much...now that I'm back homebrewing a ton, I want to be really involved online. Especially helping new brewers.

I'm from Wisconsin, lived in New York City, and love talking beer so feel free to say hey:)

Hey Aaron, welcome to Homebrewtalk. If your shop takes off and you go online consider a vendor account here at Homebrewtalk. We appreciate hearing from small shop owners as well as the big guys.

Good Luck on your venture and your brewing. How is recovery going down their in New Orleans, you all finally getting it back together?

I will definitely consider a vendor account. Recovery is going alright. City needs to learn how to bring businesses in, which in turn will bring jobs in...too many open store fronts and warehouses.

Nobody wants to see this city fail, and I'm a firm believer that it's the small businesses that'll keep it alive and keep it unique!

I hope everyone out there can visit some time, if not for beer (new brewery coming in: NOLA Brewery), to experience New Orleans:)

Just stop by Brewstock, and I'll get you headed in the right direction:)

Regards,
Aaron
Owner

Brewstock.com
[email protected]
(504) 208-2788

Will see you soon and check it out. Its about an hour drive from Denham Springs, but come on, it NOLA!!!:tank:

Welcome!

I used to live in NOLA and actually started brewing on my Katrina-induced hiatus. Too bad you weren't open when I was there, I could have walked to your shop. Great location, I spent a lot of time on Oak Street (Ninja, Jacques-Imo's, etc.). I am going to be back visiting in January and I am sure I will be over that way, I will try to stop by.

Brewstalker,

In looking at the street level picture of your address, which buiding/home are you in? I see some sort of auto repair place and accardo applaince. There are multiple old shotgun homes. Which one is you? It will surely be nice to be able to go and pick an order up when you are fully open.

Hey DragonTail-
Look forward to heading back up to Wisconsin for the holidays...I hear a lot of parts got dumped on lately. 20 inches in some parts? Don't drink all the New Glarus!

Hey ToddRod-
I'm at 8725 Oak, across the street and about a half block up from Accardo's. It's a light blue shotgun. I'm only two places down from 8801 Bar and Leake/River Rd.

I hope you can stop by and see the place when we officially open!

Regards,
Aaron

Index

Brewstalker,

I am in Metairie and would be excited to have a local shop. Be sure to give us a heads up when you open the doors (feel free to send PM).

Also, welcome.

I live in BR but I go to NOLA probably once a week for work. I'll have to stop in some time. Hell, our NOLA office is at Hampson and Leake and just down the road from you. I look foward to your doors opening. Keep us posted.

Hey DuckAssassin- Good to hear from ya, and I'll definitely try and PM you on here when the doors open.

Hey Austin_LSU- Yep, your office is about 20 seconds away down Leake:) You'll have to stop in and say hey when I'm open. I was just plotting a satusuma beer...

Brewstalker,
Yeah, there is a "bit" of snow here. Supposed to warm up, mid 30's, this weekend.
I'll make sure to leave at least 1 New Glarus on the shelf for you. :D

Hey DuckAssassin- Good to hear from ya, and I'll definitely try and PM you on here when the doors open.

Hey Austin_LSU- Yep, your office is about 20 seconds away down Leake:) You'll have to stop in and say hey when I'm open. I was just plotting a satusuma beer...

I used fresh peels from 4 1/2 satsumas. I baked them for a few to dry them out and extract some oils and then added them at the end of the boil. So far it taste good. It has that fresh citrus taste like Blue Moon, but not too overpowering.

I'm from Biloxi, MS and I want to get started into home brewing. Let me know when you open your store and I'll make the drive out there.

Marc

Hi,

Just arrived here myself. My wife and I visited Nawlins back in August. Even got a chance to do tasting/dinner/live jazz at Crescent City Brewery. We had a nice time.
Welcome! A great weekend! :)

Hello, nice to hear you are back in NOLA with a special purpose of supply homebrewers. When the storefront opens, I will be around to get some supplies. Did you estimate or research how many homebrewers are in the NOLA metro area?

Best,
Robert in the Irish Channel

Hi all, just thought I'd put a quick post up here to say the store is now officially open!

Through January it'll be open from 11am-7pm every day. In February, I'll probably be closed on mondays and tuesdays.

Feel free to stop in and say hi. Look forward to getting to meet most of the brewing community in New Orleans.

Peace. Love. Homebrew.

Aaron

Brewstock Beer and Wine Homebrew Supplies: Equipment & Ingredients in New Orleans, LA

Hey Aaron, congratulations on the opening, and good luck with business.

I'm from NY and recently relocated up to Connecticut. I go down to New Orleans at least once a year to enjoy myself and support the city. My wife and I got married this past Halloween right by Jackson Square Park. My heart is there.

Next time we're down, I'll be sure to check out your storefront...

John

Aaron,

Looking forward to checking out the shop. Congratulations on the grand opening. I will be sure to stop by this week.

Imagine my suprise, closed on Mondays.:D Welcome and good luck. Kinda wish I was still down there, but it's not to be. ah well, again, good luck.

Back