Mailing Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LewBrew

Reaction score
I have friends in other lands like Florida, Michigan, Wasington and Singapore. Any hints on mailing beer to them?

Lots of people send glass longnecks to competitions. The key is to NOT USE THE US POSTAL SERVICE. Use UPS or fedex. Just wrap each individual bottle in bubble wrap or something similar, then tape them together. Also, other people say to tell them it's live yeast samples. I usually say glassware, dishes, or something like that.

I don't understand why the mailing places are all asking about what the contents are. All the ones I've been to don't ask when I say the value is below $50 and I don't want the insurance on it. Although one time I was asked what was in the box and I said 'picture frames' :D

I don't understand why the mailing places are all asking about what the contents are. All the ones I've been to don't ask when I say the value is below $50 and I don't want the insurance on it. Although one time I was asked what was in the box and I said 'picture frames' :D

I've never had someone ask what I'm mailing and I've Ebayed stuff to Japan and Australia where for taxing they want to know how much its worth (I sent a $2000 amp head to Australia that I claimed was $50). I wouldn't put 'Live Yeast in Suspension' or anything that would raise red flags. Just mail it like anything else and use common sense.

Back