Houston Group Grain Buy #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still looking for a partner or two on a bag of TF Pearl malt, so that I can make a Heady Topper clone (recipe in progress). I have two vials of the elusive Conan yeast in my fridge, should anyone wish to help out with that split.

What's your recipe so far? I may be convinced that I need a third of a bag of this malt...

I am still looking for a partner or two on a bag of TF Pearl malt, so that I can make a Heady Topper clone (recipe in progress). I have two vials of the elusive Conan yeast in my fridge, should anyone wish to help out with that split.

I am good for 1/3 to 1/2
Never used pearl; how is it?

I am good for 1/3 to 1/2
Never used pearl; how is it?

1/3 to 1/2 good here too. If no one else joins us, then I guess we'll still buy. I've never used it either, but I'm curious. I think it's kinda like MO, only less so.

Alright I feel like a dick on the aromatic, y'all just want to split it in 1/3 instead of y'all getting quarters?

tracyk said:
I will split a bag of Pilsner with you. Would also like to get a bag of Briess 2-row, Briess 6 row and a bag of Briess Pale Ale.

Just enter it into the spreadsheet.

barrooze said:
Anyone interested in a split of Briess Caramel L40? I'd only need 1/4 sack. If there's interest in a different Lovibond Crystal, that may work also.

Still looking for others to split a 40L crystal malt. No preference on the maltster. I'm fine with Briess Caramel 40L, Bairds Carastan, Great Western Crystal 40L, whatever.

Order Posted. Thank you guys for doing this. It is amazing how much you can save this way. Who do we pay for this and how and are all these grains milled?

Still looking for others to split a 40L crystal malt. No preference on the maltster. I'm fine with Briess Caramel 40L, Bairds Carastan, Great Western Crystal 40L, whatever.
Alex,
I would be in for 1/4 if there are any other takers.

Eddie

Order Posted. Thank you guys for doing this. It is amazing how much you can save this way. Who do we pay for this and how and are all these grains milled?

When both pallets are full (assuming we get that far), you'll pay Schaez via Paypal; he'll place the order once all the money is there. Everything comes unmilled. If you don't have a mill, you can buy a corona for around $30 on Amazon or buy one of the pricier models.

All,

Just a reminder to please put your HBT username in the first row only. The formulas in the spreadsheet will take care of your name everywhere else it's used. There are some issues with people entering it in row 74 instead of the top row.

Thanks,

Oh, and I'll go .25 or up to .5 on the CM-WHET if it'll help make that one happen. I need some berliner weisse!

Did you see the article in the recent Zymurgy regarding Berliner Weiss syrups? Made me want to make another batch of BW! :D

Yeah that was quick. I've locked it down and will clear out the splits that are open. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to start the ordering process (quote, payment by participates, order, delivery, pick-up) since I'll be busy the next couple of weeks.

Hey guys, be aware that if you haven't already secured your order you may not be getting bulk pricing. NCM has changed the pricing they offer to grandfathered in home brewer accounts.

We haven't secured pricing for this round yet though I don't know if it will affect my account. I don't have a grandfathered account. We'll see I guess. 20% will make it less worth our while, but it would still provide a savings. I am interested in what comes of folks looking at other places to buy.

Hey guys, be aware that if you haven't already secured your order you may not be getting bulk pricing. NCM has changed the pricing they offer to grandfathered in home brewer accounts.

Someone needs to look into that and see how much the price is going to jump. Hope it does not effect this groups buy

Someone needs to look into that and see how much the price is going to jump. Hope it does not effect this groups buy

We'll find out in the course of getting a quote. I don't do anything until I have a actual price and I don't order until the members of the group buy commit by paying. No one is being asked to go out on a limb and risk having to end up paying more. The prices in the spreadsheet will be updated and I expect them to change. It looks like they may be slightly higher but not 20% unless they only offer the other pricing. We'll see...

schaez,
I was never given permission to access the spreadsheet, do you know if my bag of two row and bag of MO made it onto the list?

No, I didn't read it yet. The syrups aren't necessary in a BW (at least IMO), but it certainly is a great summer beer!

I fully agree, but I'm still definitely curious about them and would like to try them out. :fro:

For those interested, the dates for the Big Batch Brew Bash have been set. Check it out here.

Back