Is my quick disconnect buggered?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bock_Lesnar

Reaction score
So I've just started this whole kegging jazz and, after pulling my very first beer off my brand new keg - a great Saison, my best beer so far - I wondered how to get the beer out of the line between the quick disconnect and the picnic tap.

Saw here someone mentioned just unscrewing the back of the disconnect and draining and rinsing that way, which I did.

So I go to tap the keg again today and beer starts pouring out of the top of the disconnect. I'm pretty sure I've not lost any parts from the inside of the disconnect (a spring, a glass piece with a rubber ring around it to seal, which fits into the screw on part of the disconnect).

I was getting beer foaming out the top and out the bottom.

Anyone have any idea what I've done wrong? Any help HUGELY appreciated.

My one thought was that I could have screwed the top of the disconnect back on too tight an ruined the seal?

The piece of plastic that you unscrew has an o-ring to make a seal.
Easy to lose.

Balls, I figured that must have been the case. Must have gone down the sink as the beer flushed out of that end once I opened it up. Cheers guys, glad to hear I'm not going crazy.

Back