whats your favorite style/type of beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like extremes... Give me a big beer - RIS or barleywine... Imperial anything... And the huge Belgian styles have caught my attention as well. And on the flip side of the coin I'm getting into nice, simple session beers, bitters in particular. Depends on the mood. ;)

+1 to that.

Imperial
Barleywine
Trippel / Saison / Belgian anything

oh and probably my favorite of favorites is a hopped up Imperial Red my mouth is watering just thinking about it right now :mug:

Pilseners and American IPAs.
Don't care much for Hefeweizen.

I probably don't drink any style much more than 20% and I tend to change as the season does. I tend to buy SNPA the most so I guess APA is my choice. I also really like a good Stout as well.

All of them!:mug:

Mine line of thinking is you cant be a beer snob if you don't enjoy ALL styles. I don't drink a Steel Reserve every day or hardly every but if its offered I wouldnt turn my nose up to it!

Used to be Stout, but IPA caught up so now it's a tie. I'll drink either style any time of the year so I usually don't make a decision until right before I order at the taphouse or pull a pint of a homebrew.

All of them!:mug:

Mine line of thinking is you cant be a beer snob if you don't enjoy ALL styles. I don't drink a Steel Reserve every day or hardly every but if its offered I wouldnt turn my nose up to it!

Eh. I draw the line at malt liquor. I won't besmirch light lagers, quite enjoy them form time to time. But every malt liquor I've had has been nasty tasting hangover fuel. Then again, "malt liquor" is a subjective term, and I know there's some craft versions out there, but I've never had one. Point is, Mickeys, Steel Reserve, Old English, Colt 45, all that stuff, won't touch it.

Eh. I draw the line at malt liquor. I won't besmirch light lagers, quite enjoy them form time to time. But every malt liquor I've had has been nasty tasting hangover fuel. Then again, "malt liquor" is a subjective term, and I know there's some craft versions out there, but I've never had one. Point is, Mickeys, Steel Reserve, Old English, Colt 45, all that stuff, won't touch it.

I look at it as a ****ty BCM version of a barely wine lol

Back