Read...Read...Read and be patient

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewersKaramazov

Reaction score
This is my first post as a new brewer. I got a kit for Christmas and started reading these forums before I even went and picked it up. For any other newbs out there, this is an incredible source of info. I brewed my first batch Dec 29. Ten days later the foam had dropped and bubbles had slowed to maybe one a minute. I took a gravity reading and figured fermentation was about done....but the beer had a lot of bitter aftertaste. Because I had read the forums, I decided to wait it out. Last night I bottled a wonderful flowery pale ale that tasted great straight out of the secondary. I have a feeling this is going to be one I can be proud of.

And of course I immediately started a small batch of Berliner Weiss, a brewers reserve that I tasted at Full Sail in Hood River a few years ago. As of 8:30 this morning it was bubbling merrily along.

Thanks so much for all the great info on these forums. :mug:

This is my first post as a new brewer. I got a kit for Christmas and started reading these forums before I even went and picked it up. For any other newbs out there, this is an incredible source of info. I brewed my first batch Dec 29. Ten days later the foam had dropped and bubbles had slowed to maybe one a minute. I took a gravity reading and figured fermentation was about done....but the beer had a lot of bitter aftertaste. Because I had read the forums, I decided to wait it out. Last night I bottled a wonderful flowery pale ale that tasted great straight out of the secondary. I have a feeling this is going to be one I can be proud of.

And of course I immediately started a small batch of Berliner Weiss, a brewers reserve that I tasted at Full Sail in Hood River a few years ago. As of 8:30 this morning it was bubbling merrily along.

Thanks so much for all the great info on these forums. :mug:

Welcome and CONGRATS!

Sounds great.

I also brewed my first batch on the 29th. and of course spending hours and hours reading the great wealth of info here, I still have not bottled mine yet. Probably this wekend.

I already have another batch fermenting.

Of course I am already thinking about what to brew next.

Back