Celebration Drinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb6923

Reaction score
After reading the 5th of Nov thread it made me want to ask. What little "holidays" do you celebrate with a pint or two. BTW, national holidays do not count. My favorite day of the year to drink on is Oct 17th. Its a day of remembrance for almost 200 years. 9 people died in London. They drowned in beer, porter to be exact. Over 1 MILLION liters spilled out in to the narrow alley and streets of the Tottenham court road area. It gets better. Some people actually died later on of alcohol poisoning. The porter knocked over a house!!! Some of the hospitals had small riots bc the patients that came from the flood smelled of beer, and thought they were not getting the same treatment. So what other little days are days for celebratory drinking.

After reading the 5th of Nov thread it made me want to ask. What little "holidays" do you celebrate with a pint or two. BTW, national holidays do not count. My favorite day of the year to drink on is Oct 17th. Its a day of remembrance for almost 200 years. 9 people died in London. They drowned in beer, porter to be exact. Over 1 MILLION liters spilled out in to the narrow alley and streets of the Tottenham court road area. It gets better. Some people actually died later on of alcohol poisoning. The porter knocked over a house!!! Some of the hospitals had small riots bc the patients that came from the flood smelled of beer, and thought they were not getting the same treatment. So what other little days are days for celebratory drinking.

Every day calls for a pint or two :mug:

Back