Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfishdog37

Reaction score
I am looking for a good brewing software. What are some of the better/best ones? I have heard of Brewsmith and some others but do not know which one is the best.

Thanks

I really don't know what they even do. Do some serve specific functions like calculation software(efficiency etc..) and others help to design beers or what? I guess my question should have been "what do these softwares do and what are they used for specifically."

Thanks again

The biggest things the software helps with are computing the numbers (IBUs, OG, etc) and record keeping. It's great to be able to go back and know what you did exactly on that delicious brew you are drinking the last pint of. I'd try the free trial from beersmith and see if you like it. I tried it and was hooked.

Download the trial version of BeerSmith and play with it. I feel sure you will spring the $20 or so before the trial runs out.
I'd download the trial version of Promash first, and play with that.
Promash comes with an excellent tutorial, and doesn't have a limited time trial period. That way, you can take your time finding out what brewing software does, and then download trial versions of Beersmith and Beer Tools Pro, both of which have limited time trials.
You can then see which one best suits your requirements without running out of time.

-a.

Yeah, I guess you are right. But BeerSmith could have been a 2-day trial as far as I am concerned and it would have still been long enough. I downloaded the trial and only played with it for a few hours before I dropped coin on it. Same day I think...

Back