My Monster Mill Base Mod (Lots of pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnp

Reaction score
I added some stoppers to the bottom of my base. Works like a charm and super easy.
dkim7.jpg

I'm using a Lowe's bucket and it just so happens that the Monster Mill base is exactly the same width as the bucket length and width-wise so it was easy to center on the bucket.
6722u.jpg

Next, I traced the inside edge of the bucket. Leaving the mill unattached makes this part a breeze. Keeping pressure on the base prevents it from moving. ;)
0U2zu.jpg

Here is the bottom of the base with the edge traced. I used Nylon Spacers from Lowe's (in the metal drawers in the hardware isle). Rubber grommets or stoppers would also be a good choice.
nWa55.jpg

Any screw that fits inside the spacer would work, just make sure it wont go all the way through the base.
x9gjj.jpg

I eyeballed the layout and marked where I wanted them.
FyADw.jpg

Pre-drilling the holes. Again, don't go all the way through!
tQNRO.jpg

Easy peasy.
HSh55.jpg

All done! Less than $5 in parts and less than 15 minutes in labor! Do it!
dkim7.jpg

Great idea, I've been wanting to something similar since I got my MM2 a year ago - just been a little lazy in figuring out the best way to do it. Thanks for the info and pics! I'm going to Lowes or HD tomorrow, just in time for brew day on Monday.

This is such a simple yet brilliant idea. The base for the Rebel Mill has a lip that fits snugly onto standard pails. I would have purchased one, but they are out of stock for the foreseeable future, and I was lamenting the flat base of the Monster Mill.

This solution is cheap and satisfies my need for stability.

It's been about a year since you posted this. How have you found it in practice?

Latest posts

Back