Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this thread is rather old. I'm picking up the ingredients for this tonight. I think I'm going to follow BigPicture's 3rd try with 1oz vanilla in primary, 1 oz in secondary/keg. I may pick up some butterscotch flavoring from the homebrewshop tonight and do a split batch, some with butterscotch.

How long do you suggest from brewing to serving? The family is having a movie marathon the first week of January, and I'm wondering if this would be ready by then.

Thanks Guys!

I bottled this over the weekend and it's great. Thanks OP!

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in about the vanilla addition. I opted to just add organic extract during bottling, nothing in the primary/secondary, and I ended up using 3oz in about 4.5 gallons of brew bottled. For me, this was a perfect amount. The vanilla is VERY noticeable. I know that may dissipate over time, but I'd rather that than have it too overpowering to begin with.

Latest posts

Back