Working out a new label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PWalk

Reaction score
So I've got this bourbon vanilla porter that frankly is killer. I can't imagine what its going to be like in 5-6 months. Beer lovers and drinkers in general are its prey so I've decided to call it...

Porter_Label.JPG

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated. It looks great printed out on the new color laserjet I just ordered for the office.

Sharp looking label and I like the name, Predator. :rockin:
When I think of predator I think of something vicious... instead of the entire owl in the center I would try to find a picture that just focuses on the eyes of the beast, like it's staring you down before you become its next victim.

642456_owl_eyes.jpg

Sorry bro, but when I think of predator I automatically think...

hd2-nashvillepredators.jpg

but I do like the colors that you used and the picture that mttewes supplied, but if you like predator, go with it, don't let me or my preconceived notions stop you!!!

Maybe split the text on both sides of the picture? Looks a little weighted to the right to me. Also maybe move the picture of the owl over to the left a bit, centering the free space beside his head and tail...

Cool label though, those are minor suggestions.

Great label. I love the inverted colors, one of my favorite appearances. I love the font for 'Predator' but I can't help feeling that something is missing (bold or italics or maybe something violent-looking behind it).

My opinion!

I would flip the Predator and the Brewery name around.

Make the Predator the main focus and make THAT bolder brighter. Now the font is sort of an excuse me font. You want Predator Then the eye will move south to see the owl.

YOUR name should be secondary. If they like the beer they will remember both.

Very nice!

I came up with this idea by looking at your avatar...an all white sillowet(yeah, I know that's spelled wrong, no firefox at work) of a swooping hawk against a black blackground would be neat. I'm a fan of monochrome labels in general though :)

Back