Mini-Fridge Recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livewir

Reaction score
I see that the Sanyo 4912 is the most popular mini fridge to convert.

I was curious what other brand/models people have had success with? I'm looking to do a two keg system with draft tower.

Thanks,

Livewir

the sanyo is the top dog around here. You can get away with most any other mini frig that is tall enough, but if it has a freezer compartment then you'll have to bend that out of the way. The freezer shelf usually holds coolant lines as well so if you mess up on your bending then you could easily ruin the frig.

I decided to go with a 5.1cubic foot chest freezer and make a collar for it. Not much bigger than the sanyo and i can fit 3 kegs in it. Not to mention i got mine on craigslist for 50 bucks.

It seems like most folks either go with the Sanyo or a chest freezer. I've seen plenty of other but could remember the brands off hand. Go luck on your conversion. Keep us posted with pictures.

I believe there is also a Kenmore Elite model that will hold two cornies... BUT i think i heard previously it is the same as the Sanyo 4912, just rebadged as a Kenmore!

I just made a 2 tapper from a 4912 and I must say it was EASY! I'm not a very "handy" person and it only took me about 2 hours.

I just got a Danby 452 fridge for free, so I'm converting that. Problem is that it's only large enough for two cornies. I'm currently looking for a small 5-7cf chest freezer for lagering and cold storage.

I would suggest that you keep checking craigslist for a small chest freezer even if you buy the Sanyo.

Back