Russian Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senorfartman

Reaction score
This is the 2nd batch I've made (first was an APA of questionable quality) and I must say I was genuinely impressed with how this came out. A buddy of mine who is a bud/miller light type and had never liked dark beer came out a convert.

Best part is it's only been bottled for a week and it already tastes great. I have 2 more cases and a growler hanging out in my brewery/laundry room in the basement that I'm going to condition for a lot longer.

I'll post the recipe I used when I get back to my apartment.

I also have an amber ale that is going to be bottled tomorrow so I'll let you know how that turns out. I'm considering bottling half of it and putting the rest in a secondary and make something really different.

I think the best part of all this is that my gf is really excited about it to because she's still in college. For her xmas present, I'm going to take her to the homebrew shop to get the ingredients for a blue moon clone and make it with her.

I'm bottling my Russian Imperial today!!!

I hope that your girlfriend has fun with the Blue Moon clone.

You/your gf will like the Blue Moon clone-very tasty! Let the Imp Stout go for as long as you can wait-it will only get better with age. I have made an Imp Stout in Aug of 2006 and have yet to try it-still aging.

Back