time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yum! I almost picked up some of their Bam Biere on the way home tonight! I haven't had La Roja...how'd you like it? They are about a 3 hour drive from me, so maybe one weekend I'll make it a mini vacation.

Okay, here's mine! I'd like specific brew, please.

Photo on 1-22-15 at 9.43 PM.jpg

Yum! I almost picked up some of their Bam Biere on the way home tonight! I haven't had La Roja...how'd you like it? They are about a 3 hour drive from me, so maybe one weekend I'll make it a mini vacation.

Okay, here's mine! I'd like specific brew, please.

It was full of funk, hich is what I was looking for. I enjoyed it. Saved the dregs to try to build a colony.

Is yours from the midwest?

Okay, so first off, yes, it is a West Coast IIPA.

No one has gotten the specific one yet, although three of the four most recent guesses have actually been beers that I've posted before!

The brewery has been guessed. That should make this somewhat quicker work.

Here's a hint: By the time I drank this beer, it was a little past its prime, but it was barely old enough to smoke.

Stone 18th Anniversary

There it is. Figured that hint would give it away!

Yep, it was not super fresh (bottled like 6 months ago) so the hops were pretty faded, but it was still good. Wish I had had one fresh. For some reason, the store I got it from *just* put it out on the shelves, and I didn't think to check the date on it before I bought...

Photo on 1-22-15 at 9.43 PM #2.jpg

Nope! And chocotaco, I'm very glad that I don't have to disappoint you!

Ha, I keed. I know my grudge against GF is a bit of an oddity.

I gotta be honest, I don't think I ever had Stone 18th IPA. Ever since their 16th IPA I have had a psychological block against their anniversary IPAs. Was it good?

Since I'm so dedicated too this game I just ran up the street and picked up a bomber. I'm glad I did, I've been trying to find this forever. It's going to be a little tricky so I put it in the proper glass as the first clue. Beer and brewery. Sorry about the sideways pic

View attachment 1422061546548.jpg

Back