The next person to complain about global warming . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumbaa said:
I remember that whenI was a kid. It was like a month below 0 and half of that was at -20 to -40 with windchills at -80. I was in Jr high I think but remembering running from the gym to my moms car after some sports thing with wet hair, hit my head as I got in the car, and had a bald spot from where the hair broke off . . . That was just after they got done preaching to us about Global Cooling

LOL that's right- I remember watching the news and they were talking about an impending ice age........now they're saying the polar caps are gonna melt and we're all gonna drown.....what a joke.

Well, anyone else remember when earth day came about in the 70s (i think that was when it was) and they were saying how our emissions were causing the next ice age? F*cking hippies, pull the pipe back and just relax, we are not watching you from that dark blue van outside your house you paranoid smoke outs!

Digging deeply into the climate sites one sees that based on historical climate patterns we are near the tipping point into another glaciation period. Chaotic systems near tipping points swing more violently between extremes. Peak temperatures and peak CO2 levels occur just before the tip, with CO2 levels trailing temperature. The arctic ice melts increasing snow fall in Europe and flooding the North Atlantic with fresh water suppressing the Atlantic transporter. Europe gets colder at a time when it is also getting more snow, much of the rest of the world gets hotter.

And then it gets complicated, because there has never been a period where CO2 levels rose abruptly before temperatures peaked.

"What people expect is climate, what they get is weather."

david_42 said:
Digging deeply into the climate sites one sees that based on historical climate patterns we are near the tipping point into another glaciation period. Chaotic systems near tipping points swing more violently between extremes. Peak temperatures and peak CO2 levels occur just before the tip, with CO2 levels trailing temperature. The arctic ice melts increasing snow fall in Europe and flooding the North Atlantic with fresh water suppressing the Atlantic transporter. Europe gets colder at a time when it is also getting more snow, much of the rest of the world gets hotter.

And then it gets complicated, because there has never been a period where CO2 levels rose abruptly before temperatures peaked.

"What people expect is climate, what they get is weather."

True sir.

Doesn't mean the cold sucks any less. ;) :D

Ize

This Global warming is going to keep my beer too warm and I'll have to use more energy to keep it cold. Pretty soon the democrats will ban Brewing to because of the emmissions during the process. Mark my words.

Snakebone said:
This Global warming is going to keep my beer too warm and I'll have to use more energy to keep it cold. Pretty soon the democrats will ban Brewing to because of the emmissions during the process. Mark my words.

Bah, most politicians emit more greenhouse gasses than your average 6.5 Primary.

Feelin' Eco-Friendly. :fro:

Ize

Back