2012 hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbennett78

Reaction score
So when do 2012 hops start hitting the market? Need to know when to start looking for those hard to get hops and stock up for next years brewing.

How do you know if you're buying this years or last yeas hops?
Say from Rebel Brewer?

I've gotten emails about whole hops, but the pellets will be out in a couple months.

How do you know if you're buying this years or last yeas hops?
Say from Rebel Brewer?

Ask them? Those guys are really nice and helpful. I have no doubt they can tell you. What I can also tell you is that most of the stuff they have right now is still gonna be 2011. Pellets and dry whole leaf usually don't come out til mid to late October nation-wide.

I just ordered some 2012 magnum, amarillo, and northern brewer hops from freshops.com (the whole hops).

I'm sure the pellet hops will be available in a few weeks. Hopsdirect has a few 2012 varieties in leaf form as well.

I just ordered some 2012 magnum, amarillo, and northern brewer hops from freshops.com (the whole hops).

I'm sure the pellet hops will be available in a few weeks. Hopsdirect has a few 2012 varieties in leaf form as well.

Bingo!

Look for a PM...

I was thinking of doing the same thing... Getting some magnum, amarillo and some cascade whole leaf.. Use some magnum for bittering most of my pales and ipas, and whatnot. Less mess in the kettle too!

I was thinking of doing the same thing... Getting some magnum, amarillo and some cascade whole leaf.. Use some magnum for bittering most of my pales and ipas, and whatnot. Less mess in the kettle too!

This years whole cone magnum is at 15.5% AAUs, according to freshops.com. That means you won't need much when you use it for bittering!

This years whole cone magnum is at 15.5% AAUs, according to freshops.com. That means you won't need much when you use it for bittering!

Nice!! I might spring for that then.. Might cut back on the amarillo a bit then, and get a bit of all 3..

I feel odd spending that much at one time for just hops.. First year of "bulk" buying.. But at $2.39 for an ounce for most whole leaf at my LHBS with the exception of like Cascade which is $1.99.. There's some savings there for favorites!

Back