I hit the DIY JACKPOT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmunos

Reaction score
Im having a good week. I went to a local pawn shop to buy a 110 lincoln mig welder and a guy walks in to sell his hobart 187 handler welder that was brand new!!! He asked for 100 bucks and the pawn guy accepted (Quickly). I overheard an offered the pawn shop 150 bucks and he greatly accepted!! THEN my neighbor heard me cutting my new keggles and asked me what i was doing. When I told him I was building a brewery he asked if he could help. I offered him a beer and he told me he has had 1/8 inch square steel tubing sitting in his garage for over a year. I asked to buy it and he told me i could have it for 5 gallons of homebrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great week! ill be posting some updates on the stand!

photo-7_zpse23996ac.jpg

I have no experience/knowledge of welding so I really have no idea what you are talking about but that sounds like a sweet day!

WOW, that is awesome! Nice find. You must have been saving up some serious karma!

I've been watching craigslist for a similar welder for quite a while now, and planning paying.. well a lot more than that!

A+ score on a big$ item. Can't tell if you got a gas bottle or not. If not, I'd recommend getting a gas bottle and solid core wire and you're ready for some quality, clean welding.

BTW, I just use my CO2 from my kegging system and it works just fine on mild steel. I believe stainless welding needs tri-mix to work well.

That's great! I didn't even think to use my co2 tank.... I have been looking around and the local welding shops (we have a lot in Tulsa) will rent the co2 argon out for a 50$ deposit. I also found some full welding arms for 20 bucks ? Not sure if that's a good deal or not?

That's great! I didn't even think to use my co2 tank.... I have been looking around and the local welding shops (we have a lot in Tulsa) will rent the co2 argon out for a 50$ deposit. I also found some full welding arms for 20 bucks ? Not sure if that's a good deal or not?

Co2 does not make as nice of a weld as 75 25 but it will do in a pinch...by full welding arms do u mean leathers? Mig isnt that hot...a long sleave tshirt is more that enough....if u do any stick welding id definitely recemond leathers, but it is like buying used underwear...lol you dont know what kind of funk the previous user sweated into them imo

i got the same welder for a crap ton more than that. lol it is one awesome machine for a DIY welder. i weld sheet metal to 1/4 inch no problems sheet metal is alittle hard to get use to but easy once you get it down. congrats again great find and 5gal of home brew for steel cant complain there

You mean Sonics tickets?

:( yeah, we're still sad up here.

Ya man Im sorry! All i can say is thanks for durant.. From what I hear it won't be long until you guys get the super Seattle super sonics!

We drafted Westbrook too, just sayin. Yep, we are very excited about the new arena deal here in town, looks like NBA and NHL are both in our future.

Anyway.. :off:

Enjoy your awesome welder and steel hookup, you'll have a badass stand before you know it!

Back