Green beer already in keg and cooled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbird01

Reaction score
ok guys. Need some help here. I had this beer in the primary for 14 days and have racked to the keg. I think I really should have gone to secondary with it now. I force carb'd the batch and let it carbonate for 3 days. I read in a BYO article that I can gently shake it every now and then to speed the process. (did it twice a day for 3 days - wanted to drink in three days) I did not jack the pressure up. I left at pressure read off the tables for proper volumes. Its a Scottish/american red hybrid.

I am getting really yeasty tastes even after pouring off the first beer for sediment. I think I must really have some yeast in suspension. Guess it is really green.

My question is, what do I do now that it is carbonated and refrigerated at 40 degrees? Can I save it?

So you don't think that the same principle applies here of a beer getting skunked when it is cold, gets warm and then cold again?

Skunking can only come from light hitting beer, it has to do with the reaction between light and isomerized alpha acids from hops...so in a keg, no....Take david's advice, he knoweth what he speaketh about!!!

Skunking can only come from light hitting beer, it has to do with the reaction between light and isomerized alpha acids from hops...so in a keg, no....Take david's advice, he knoweth what he speaketh about!!!

I was assuming this would be the response. I saw the 13,000 + posts and reassured my roomate and girlfriend...this guy knows what he is talking about.... :D

Thanks guys...in the laundry room aging...can't wait to break into

Back