Brew day tomorrow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyrhine

Reaction score
Making an Irish red tomorrow and a dunklewizen Friday. Also get to try out "new" equipment. Who's else is brewing this week?

Me...tomorrow as well.

Making a Kolsch tomorrow and this weeked either a HT clone attempt or a topaz IPA

Cleaning & sanitising some small stuff while I wait my turn on the stove. Brewing a partial mash light pale ale with WLP029 German ale/kolsh yeast.

Im brewing tomorrow as well, will be making a sort of bastardized imperial oatmeal stout with apple concentrate/cinnamon/lactose. Going for an "apple crisp" sort of flavor.

Who knows how it'll turn out, but I am a homebrewer so no need to conform to a style right....RIGHT?

dpatrickv said:
Im brewing tomorrow as well, will be making a sort of bastardized imperial oatmeal stout with apple concentrate/cinnamon/lactose. Going for an "apple crisp" sort of flavor.

Who knows how it'll turn out, but I am a homebrewer so no need to conform to a style right....RIGHT?

Sounds pretty awesome if she comes out good.

I have to bottle 2 batches, a DFH 90min and a winter warmer. And if my order comes friday ill be brewing 2 more this weekend, a Dead Ringer IPA and a pumpkin beer. Why, bc I like pumpkin beer all year round. :)

And... ill be trying out some new eqipment too. Just got my grain mill today.

lespaul23 said:
I have to bottle 2 batches, a DFH 90min and a winter warmer. And if my order comes friday ill be brewing 2 more this weekend, a Dead Ringer IPA and a pumpkin beer. Why, bc I like pumpkin beer all year round. :)

And... ill be trying out some new eqipment too. Just got my grain mill today.

Loves me a pumpkin beer too. God about 20 bottles left of the 10 gallons I made back in november

I brewed that partial mash ale yesterday,which was Fat Tuesday. It's sittin at about 65F atm. Got more clean up to do so I can get started on the dark lager recipe I was given by a member.

I brewed that partial mash ale yesterday,which was Fat Tuesday. It's sittin at about 65F atm. Got more clean up to do so I can get started on the dark lager recipe I was given by a member.

Yes back to back brew days! Always a good thing

That,maybe one day inbetween. Back & hip sore today from runin around brewin yesterday when they felt good. We'll see. Funny part is,the dark lager will get some rauchmalt,but not as much as the German rauchbeirs. Just enough to add to the flavor. And since I've read it's being like "liquid bacon"...I just had to name this "American Rauchbeir" as "Pork Soda" after the Primus album.

Kolsch is sitting at 57...should be fermenting by the time I get home from work today.

Despite some timing set backs for the start of my brewday I was still able to be done by 10:30.

My fat tuesday brew is still sitting at 68F,within the 65-69F range of the German ale/kolsh yeast I'm using. I must say,it ferments slow & steady,sort of a medium-paced fermentation from it. Thusly,ferment temps don't go up that much with less heat being produced in a cool room.

Back