You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BorealBrewer said:
You can describe your significant other's eye colour and hair colour in both EBC and SRM. And have done so. In public. And used your consumption of homebrew as an excuse.

Isn't that every girls dream

You, REALLY, know you're a home brewer,... when you check on HBT just before time to go to work and find a fellow homebrewer in need of parts that you have and you don't need. And less than an hour after he/she posts the need, you have contacted them, got their addy, and packaged the items for shipping, and have them in the mail before you get home after work.

Felt like a million $$$ being able to help out a fellow HBT brewer!!! :ban::ban::ban:

pb --- The early Santa

You, REALLY, know you're a home brewer,... when you check on HBT just before time to go to work and find a fellow homebrewer in need of parts that you have and you don't need. And less than an hour after he/she posts the need, you have contacted them, got their addy, and packaged the items for shipping, and have them in the mail before you get home after work.

Felt like a million $$$ being able to help out a fellow HBT brewer!!! :ban::ban::ban:

pb --- The early Santa
You are one of the beautiful people PB. May the universe return to you in time all that you have given to others.

You are one of the beautiful people PB. May the universe return to you in time all that you have given to others.

+1

Early santa is right PB!

(To the tune of All I want for christmas is my two front teeth)-

"All I want for christmas is my two packs of yeast, my two packs of yeast, my two packs of yeast...."

(Hey, its Lager season! I need to double pitch!) :)

When you have 100plus bottles and dont plan on bottling again

When you have at least two refrigerator's/freezers and only one of them contains food. :D

When you brew at home?

You mark the change of seasons by beer styles instead of a calendar.

When you brew and bottle up four cases and then throw a party to empty your bottles so you can brew another batch.

when you look for just the right lighting in the house to take a picture of your latest beer.

When your calendar is filled with when to brew what, when to dry hop, when to bottle/keg, etc.

When you have a 100+ bottles but don't recall exactly what is there because you have ten kegs sitting there...:ban:

your friends forget that beer actually costs money, and some people actually buy it.

When you go to the hardware store for something completely unrelated to brewing and you end up wandering the aisles for half an hour looking over hardware just to see if there's anything that you need to modify your brew setup.

When you've had more than one person ask you if you're running a meth lab out of your garage...

The cleanest thing in the house is a 5 gallon glass carboy

when you drink your beer in order of worst to best.

When trying new beers, you don't say if you like or dislike.

It's,"I'd brew that." or "I don't think I'd want five gallons of that."

When you know your batch is fermenting but you keep looking at the airlock bubbling because it makes you happy!

You take a leak and as the bubbles start to dissipate you wonder why the head retention is so poor.

Having four kegs...two on tap and one on standby yet feeling like a slacker since the fourth is empty.

When you find a way to rob Peter to pay Paul,just so you can get your pipeline going again. And your wife jumps in going to the LHBS with you to brew some more herself!

You use a mop on the ceiling.

when empty and full homebrew bottles are a form of currency

When you are excited about getting glassware for your birthday

When you have more beers on draft than the local bar.

every time you drive by the farm supply you think FERMENTORS!

View attachment 38455

When your wife calls you at work to tell you there is an issue at home. The first thing you ask "Is my brew ok?"

Guilty on all counts.

And this was only the first 200 posts.

…when you have a dream about drinking the IPA you made the day before. (this alone would already qualify, i assuume)
And in that dream it tastes not bitter at all. You then wake up and fear you miscalcualted the hops and the first thing you do after getting up is take a sample to make sure it actully IS bitter enough :)

See I told ya!

1470237_570598059662835_1725830151_n.jpg

When you go to your kegerator to pull a healthy glass of imperial milk stout in order to help you study...

now at 9% abv, let's hope I can get the assignments and tests done that are due in 6 hours... :mug:

IMG_3719.JPG.jpg

When your wife asks you to brew some beer/cider for a Christmas party.

I've already got all of my 3 fermenters full and two other brews planned, but I like a good challenge :ban:

Her: Did you drink all those beers in the fridge?
Me: Yup, there really wasn't that many
Her: Oh good we have more space now.
Me Thinking: Hell yeah! Thought I was going to be in the doghouse.

When you are so excited for people to try your beer. Then the next day the discover more people they know homebrew. Then they discover the world of craft brew and they call you saying that they want to homebrew. *evil hand roll*. My job is done. >:)

Got anything you need thawed for dinner? ;-)

Dang,wish I'd thought of that! I still got it down to about 85F in the barely ice bath. 2Gallons of ice cold spring water & about 3L or so outta the BB water stash of 66F got it down to 67F close enough! Pitched rehydrated US-05 on this robust porter with an OG of 1.064...guess my mash efficiency was pretty good this time. Mashed at 156 that stayed there this time! Man,what a difference! Smelled like somebody European was cooking dinner & brewing french roast with the wort,& hops used. Plus a cream ale from yooper to salute a brew day well done!
Check this,I've gotten HB's from Revvy & Yooper so far. Excellent!:ban:
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0002_zps85ccaf17.jpg.html] [/URL]
Light with a crisp creaminess that's so bloody good after a long pm brew day!
Thanks yooper!!!:mug:

When you see a chest freezer on sale at the local big box, get excited and look closer. Then realize it would only hold 3 kegs and decide to pass.

When you have a final presentation to do for a class on the topic of your choice and you choose fermentation.
...and you keep yourself up at night trying to think of all the things you want to cram into a 7 minute presentation

When you know the beginning of November is almost a lil late to brew stouts & porters for Christmas. but you keep at it anyway.

When you're not actually brewing, but you find a reason to tinker with something every day, racking to secondary, washing yeast, formulating a recipe for next month.

Its been said before and it finally happened to me.

You consider buying a case of bombers of good $$ beer so you have all the same bottles quicker. However you are able to recount how many you have at the house and only need to buy 5 more.

When you find a website that lets you make your own custom tap Handles and you design a really cool one only to see the price tag and then slowly cry knowing there is no way in hell you can afford one

You have an oops moment at bottling figuring to bottle 1.5 gallons forgetting that you will be leaving 1/4 of a gallon behind. However you are not worried about bombs but will now know first hand if 12oz stubby bottles can handle 3.0 volumes of carbonation.

And I have had no beer today. :mug:

You have 30+ Carboys of all different sizes, 20+ cases of bottles, a fridge in your office for lagering and cold crashing, and you still try to convince your wife that a kegerator would be more useful than the dishwasher...lol

I shared this on another thread, but thought it would fit here as well. You know you're a homebrewer when your set-up pumping cold water through your wort chiller coil sprays near boiling water all over your right chest and arm--giving you blisters from the second degree burns--and you finish getting the batch into the fermenter and the gear cleaned up before getting something for your burns. This was my latest brew day. Me and the batch of beer (my Oatmeal Stout for Christmas) are both doing well.

Be carefull those burns don't get infected,that ain't fun. I used to get that from sunburns as a kid. Sensative skin sucks. One time,I couldn't go to scholl from it,as the first few layers of skin came off with my shirt. right down to that bubblly/weiny lookin layer. My pour mother was shocked near tears. I had to sleep face down shirtless for a long time to get it to heal. So please take care of that! Not fun at all!

You have 30+ Carboys of all different sizes, 20+ cases of bottles, a fridge in your office for lagering and cold crashing, and you still try to convince your wife that a kegerator would be more useful than the dishwasher...lol

Hmm... Trading SWMBO for a kegerator? I kinda doubt that would go over well. Kidding. Though hand washing food utensils is a real PITA.

Latest posts

Back