Noob question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwmoose152

Reaction score
I am going to keg a beer tonight for the very first time. should I use priming sugar or will the c02 act as a carbonator?

Again, I'm a noob to kegging, so I wasn't sure if I needed the priming sugar.

Thanks all

there are ways to use priming sugar if you wanna (look up how to prime a keg, or something). but i've always just set it to pressure (about 12 or 12.5 for me) and waited. its usually close enough to drink in a week, and perfect by two weeks.

The chart is in the link I posted.

You can hook up at high pressure to carb fast, but if you go too far you will be posting a 'help my beer is all foam' thread, if you want carbed beer in a hurry, set it according to the chart and shake the piss out of it, you cant overcarb that way, but you will have a bit of a carbonic acid twang to the beer that will mellow out in a few days

I love this site because I can come on here and ask anything and all of you are always so helpful. thanks so much for making my transition into brewing beer and kegging beer so easy and friendly!

Back