Wine Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmanj

Reaction score
ive decided to try my hand at some one gallon batches of fruit wine/mead. i picked up a couple pacjets of each montrachet and cotes des blanc. can someone explain to me the differences/benefits of either? is one for red and the other for white? also if i am doing one gallon bactches should i only be using part of the package appose to the whole thing that calls for 5 gallons?

ive decided to try my hand at some one gallon batches of fruit wine/mead. i picked up a couple pacjets of each montrachet and cotes des blanc. can someone explain to me the differences/benefits of either? is one for red and the other for white? also if i am doing one gallon bactches should i only be using part of the package appose to the whole thing that calls for 5 gallons?

You use the whole package, from 1-6 gallons.

There are subtle differences in wine yeast strains. here's my favorite site to compare them: http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/strains.asp

Back