American macrobrew clones!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoomW

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can reproduce the new bud light platinum using an all grain recipe? I tried one the other day and decided I would try my hand at it. Any ideas from any of you who have made a bud light clone? Thanks! :mug:

You can't be serious... You go into home brewing to clone bud light?

Correction - Bud Light PREMIUM!

And give the guy a break - we all go into homebrewing for the same reason: To brew beer we like. If he/she likes BLP, go for the gold! Once he/she accidentally adds too much grain/hops, they might find that taste interesting add even more hops/grain to their next batch. Thus the cycle is perpetuated and you end up like one of us crazies. :mug:

And to the original poster. I doubt you can clone it using all grain. I have not had it yet.....but I assume it has adjuncts.

Doom,

Note that in the homebrew world, lagers are one of the most difficult styles to produce and clone, requiring pretty precise temperature control during fermentation. If you don't have the means to control the temp at about 56 for a few weeks then 34-36 for 4-6 weeks after that, you are not going to be able to produce a good bud light clone.

In lagers, fermentation temp is everything!

Also, unless you are buying in bulk grains, harvesting yeast, etc., it is typically cheaper to buy it at the store than it is to homebrew it. That's why most of the peeps are giving you crap...what's the point in trying to clone Bud Light Premium or any other cheap, mass produced swill, when you can buy it up the street. Most homebrewers would rather make an original recipe craft lager and leave the yellow stuff to the multi-national corporations.

I don't know if you are an experienced brewer, but I can tell you that if you are not, then it is going to be very very difficult for you to clone something like a Bud Light Premium. You'll make beer, but it is just difficult to do all of the things they do without their facilities, especially their mass filtering machines.

943221003d1294081560-english-spam-thread-troll.jpg

Doom,

Note that in the homebrew world, lagers are one of the most difficult styles to produce and clone, requiring pretty precise temperature control during fermentation. If you don't have the means to control the temp at about 56 for a few weeks then 34-36 for 4-6 weeks after that, you are not going to be able to produce a good bud light clone.

In lagers, fermentation temp is everything!

Also, unless you are buying in bulk grains, harvesting yeast, etc., it is typically cheaper to buy it at the store than it is to homebrew it. That's why most of the peeps are giving you crap...what's the point in trying to clone Bud Light Premium or any other cheap, mass produced swill, when you can buy it up the street. Most homebrewers would rather make an original recipe craft lager and leave the yellow stuff to the multi-national corporations.

I don't know if you are an experienced brewer, but I can tell you that if you are not, then it is going to be very very difficult for you to clone something like a Bud Light Premium. You'll make beer, but it is just difficult to do all of the things they do without their facilities, especially their mass filtering machines.

This!

These are some of the hardest beers to make...no where to hide your mistakes...Bud has a specific tester just for the rice they use...they get it overnight and if the rice slurry they make is even slightly off, they send the whole train cart back...its a very precise brew.

Back