homebrewing illegal in Alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The federal government made it legal, but each state can regulate it. Mississippi, Kentucky, Utah

Yeah what a bunch of crap. I would do it anyway in protest of unjust laws.

I have heard that there are still home brew shops in those states though. Any confirmation on this?

Just like visiting a headshop, and buying all that paraphenalia ..

"Oh no, officer, this bong is a work of art as are these rolling papers"

There was an attempted bill in the Utah legislature ths year to legalize homebrewing but it didn't make it. Nonetheless, there are two LHBS in Salt Lake and one in Ogden that I am aware of. The Salt Lake shops have been around since before my first homebrewing experience in the late 80s.

Do the homebrew clubs sit around and watch videos of people brewing? What a load of crap

The stupidity of this country never fails to surprise me. Making your own beer is illegal in one state, smoking a cigarette in your own home is illegal in another.

The people in this country are always ranting and raving about freedom, but no one really seems to understand what that word means. Way too many groups here that just won't let up until they take someone else's rights away.

Huh . . . this is one situation where we have fewer regulations up here in the Great White North. Who knew.

This is from the British Columbia Liquor Control and Licensing Act:

Manufacture of liquor

55 (1) A person must not manufacture liquor in British Columbia except in accordance with this Act and the regulations.

(2) This section does not apply to a person producing or manufacturing wine, beer or cider

(a) in a residence, or

(b) in an establishment licensed under section 12.1

for the person's own consumption or consumption at no charge by other persons.

Back