Ingredients for 3rd Batch Just Arrived, Ale Tips Request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neomich

Reaction score
Wow, even with as busy as AHS was this weekend, I still got my stuff today. I ordered late Saturday evening too. Glad I'm only 80 miles away.

So, I got the SNPA clone kit. I really hope this turns out well, I love that stuff and I just tried it for the first time this past weekend. Heck, I may brew tonight instead of this weekend. Check that, SWMBO is working an extra day Saturday so I'll throw it together then.

Anyone else done this clone? Also, this is my first Ale to do. Any tips on doing an ale the first time?

I've not done that particular clone from AHS, but I have done some others. The only tip I have is to follow the directions (especially concerning temperature) relating to the yeast you're using and follow the AHS kit directions and it'll be great!

I think they have great instructions and great products.

Just follow their instructions and watch your fermentation temp.

Do you have the ability to keep it at 70 degrees or lower?

I've got plenty of large plastic organization crates I can put it in and fill it with water. I don't have a temperature controlled environment like a spare refrigerator.

Will putting it in a plastic crate and filling with water be sufficient to maintain a fermentation temperature less than 70?

Also, I see people with stick-on thermometers on their primaries/secondaries. Are these the same type of thermometers you could get at a local pet store for fish tanks?

Back