I have no Faucet threads!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mew

Reaction score
My sink has no threads on its faucet, so is there a way for me to use an immersion chiller with it? Some sort of adapter, maybe...

mew said:
My sink has no threads on its faucet, so is there a way for me to use an immersion chiller with it? Some sort of adapter, maybe...

LOL! I thought you meant there were no "threads" pertaining to Faucets!!!!

I'm drunk.:drunk:

mew said:

Does it have an aerator? If so then most likely it does have threads. You just have to unscrew the aerator from the faucet. Just turn the part that the water comes out of. And then get an adapter for it.

I am thinking he probably has the pull out spray faucet , kind of like a moveable shower head. I have the same ones and had trouble finding an adaprter. The head has a aerator which can be taken off, and the whole head assembly can be taken off it self. I gave up on finding a solution but if anyones knows that would be great, it has been a pain in the ass cleaning a carboy without my bottle washer.

I use a pond pump to circulate my water through ice since it's 78F out of the tap.

I run the tap water into the sink filled with ice and pump the water through the immersion tubing.

Back