<drops a pin>

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess most people have something to do on a Friday evening. God I'd like to be brewing a batch, but that would make three going, and I'm afraid SWMBO would have something really painful in store for me. :eek:

I'm drinking Kolsch. It didn't get good head, but its slightly carbonated. Decent, but I wish it would have gotten a little headier.

<grins> I just started my 4th batch in the primary... just a 1 gallon test, but I am going for a hard lemonade this time. <smiles> Not quite sure if the acid is too much though... I added two tsp of acid reducer to it (whoa baby that stuff suds), but I am still unnerved.

Windaria said:
<grins> I just started my 4th batch in the primary... just a 1 gallon test, but I am going for a hard lemonade this time. <smiles> Not quite sure if the acid is too much though... I added two tsp of acid reducer to it (whoa baby that stuff suds), but I am still unnerved.

First time I've heard of someone dropping acid reducer.

Why? Isn't too much a problem, and wouldn't there be, by far, too much in lemonade? All I know is that I had a bit of a stalled fermentation in my first primary, which had my expensive apple juice going... where I had also added the juice of 6 lemons, so I reduced that a touch and added more yeast, gave it a good stir, and it is going strong now, with a bubble every 2 seconds. <smiles>

Cheesefood said:
I'm drinking Kolsch. It didn't get good head, but its slightly carbonated. Decent, but I wish it would have gotten a little headier.

Hey don't drink all of that Cheesefood.!! I'm still waiting for mine to be ready to trade. One more week and I'll try a bottle.

Back