What will you be brewing Homebrew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrshaund

Reaction score
I think I am planning on trying one of the FFF Zombie Dust clones from here now that i got my Citra.

I'm considering a Robust Porter. I'm doing an American Rye this weekend and have a Saison in the fermenter, I'm trying to get ready for summer with some nice summer quenchers. The porter is being considered because it is never a bad time for a porter or for a dry stout.

May 4th is Homebrew Day.

I'm thinking about trying my hand at a parti-gyle, specifically a RIS and a dry stout. The warm weather should keep me out of the RIS until at least September I hope.

I am considering either a nice tasty American wheat or a RIS. Leaning tward a RIS due to the LHBS giving half off the ingredients for whatever you brew on site for their brew day event and the fact that it is starting to get warm which will deter me from drinking it until it has properly aged.

Looking at either 5gal of Brown Porter for a local comp, or 10gal of Belgian Single that I'll split and "dry herb" with rosemary in 5gal and mint or lemongrass (haven't decided yet) in the other.

Dang. Graduating with my B.Ed. on the 4th, so I'll be otherwise occupied. Otherwise I'd brew up the Munich helles I have planned.

I can't decide what to brew this weekend, let alone for homebrew day. My LHBS also gives 50% off that day, but that doesn't help.

I am going to cheat the devil. I will be brewing at the LHBS with a bunch of other folks. I will not be dragging my single tier down this year so I am planning a partigyle style brew. I will make 6.5 gallons of an Imperial Sour Apple Berliner Weiss (boiled) then aged on toasted apple wood chips and 14.5 gallons of a standard no boil Berliner Weiss.

I wanted an easy brew day because I will be drinking as well. The no boil Berliner will make brewing on a 1 burner stand much easier.

I brewed a St Arnold ENDEAVOUR clone. Or as close to one as I could. My efficiency was a little low but overall it looks good.

I just brewed 15 gallons not so long ago, so I decided to do something that will age well - a robust porter aged in a bourbon barrel. A local brewery, Rivertown, is have a brew out there. We'll brew in the parking lot while my home brew club grills out and you can get tours of the brewery and $1 off their pints. Had a good time last year, but didn't brew. So this year I'm brewing and it will be my first time not brewing at my house. Should be interesting.

I'll be brewing a Berliner wheat from the midwest PM kit with the Wyeast option. Thought to do an easy one & try to enjoy myself with some home brews. And I'll be using my new grain crusher if it all gets here next Monday or so from midwest & northern brewer.

My club has its big get together for the year at a local campground to celebrate. I'd like to try something I haven't brewed before, either partigyle or a lager. I'm thinking Baltic Porter. I didn't get enough big or dark beers brewed for this past winter.

Back