Unibroue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogmatic

Reaction score
I'm having a tough time identifying the styles/types of Unibroue's beers...anyone got any ideas? I admit that I'm not a tremendously experienced beer taster, especially when it comes to belgian-style beers.

Also, for anyone who's interested, here are translations of the names of as many of their beers as I can think of right now:

La Fin Du Monde - The End of the World
La Maudite - The Damned
Trois Pistoles - Three Pistols
Blanche de Chambly - Chambly White
Ephemere - Ephemeral

If you wanna know any others let me know.

I don't know which style it falls into but I really enjoyed La Fin Du Monde. Once I get a little more money I am gonna try the others.

Trios Pistoles is f&^%ing awesome IMO. I also like La Maudite and Blanche de Chambly. I am not crazy about La Fin Du Monde. When I'm wondering what style a beer it, I usually reference beeradvocate. Other than that, I don't think the website is good for much, but that's a whole other thread.

I'm having a tough time identifying the styles/types of Unibroue's beers...anyone got any ideas? I admit that I'm not a tremendously experienced beer taster, especially when it comes to belgian-style beers.

Also, for anyone who's interested, here are translations of the names of as many of their beers as I can think of right now:

La Fin Du Monde - The End of the World
La Maudite - The Damned
Trois Pistoles - Three Pistols
Blanche de Chambly - Chambly White
Ephemere - Ephemeral

If you wanna know any others let me know.

La Fin Du Monde - Tripel
Maudite - Dark Strong (Belgian red would also be a good classification, although not really a category according to something like bjcp.)
Trois Pistoles - Dark Strong
Blanche ds Chambly - Obviously a witbier
Ephemere - Vegetable/spice beer (with apple, that's the only category it would fall in)

La Fin Du Monde seems like a Tripel Wit or Imperial Wit to me... It has the wheat and yeast character of a wit, but with more alcohol... The color is deeper than a traditional wit, but in all other respects that's the style it fits...

La Fin Du Monde seems like a Tripel Wit or Imperial Wit to me... It has the wheat and yeast character of a wit, but with more alcohol... The color is deeper than a traditional wit, but in all other respects that's the style it fits...

So it is the wrong color and the wrong ABV to be a wit, therefore it is not really like a wit at all. It does have some spice characteristic to it, but that is to style in plenty of Belgian beers. This is straight up a tripel.

Back