Can you ship beer internationally?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
Back in 2010 we hosted an AFS student from Chile. He's coming back for a visit and I'd like to have him be my brew partner for my next batch. I'd also like to send him some bottles once they are ready. Anybody know if you can ship beer internationally? If so whim whom? UPS, USPS, FedEx?? Thanks and cheers!

I know you can legally ship beer via UPS, but it's against their policy, so they can confiscate your beer if they find out you have shipped beer.

As far as the other country's laws, I have no idea. I know it costs a LOT to ship out of the country and you may have to sign a form stating what is in the box.

You'll need to review the laws for the nation you'll be shipping to. It isn't the shipper your worries lie with, it's with customs. I'd bottle a few in PET bottles and have him take it home in checked luggage, probably less customs hassles

a_hard said:
You'll need to review the laws for the nation you'll be shipping to. It isn't the shipper your worries lie with, it's with customs. I'd bottle a few in PET bottles and have him take it home in checked luggage, probably less customs hassles

I'd do that but he won't be here long enough for it to ferment out so i can move it to bottles. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back