• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Hop Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neopol

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First off...Yes I know its dormant planting season.. Although I remain hopeful that I might find a propagating farmer that may have split some various rhizomes and has a few extras that are going to meet their demise in the compost heap...

If this is you and you might want to sell some viables please message me your asking price.

*If this thread remains alive until the spring I will still be interested after they have emerged... and maybe we can do a little trading.
This is a new adventure for me into hop growing, but I do have Hot Horseradish Root, 14 varieties of Heirloom Garlic, 13 Heirloom Tomatoes, 14 very very hot to mild peppers and black mustard that we grown each year... I am willing to trade seeds or live seedstarts in and around April/May.

We have snow on the ground, so I won't be digging rhizomes until spring, but I'd love to trade for some horseradish root and/or heirloom seeds!

I have chinook, hallertauer, and cascade hos that definitely need to be trimmed in the spring! I may or may not do anything with the centennial.

Where are you located?

I am located in a NWI town called Munster, it is right at the Illinois/Indiana border. Keep this thread in mind, I'll happily send you some Horseradish root and some basic directions to propagate it when they take off again in the spring, we planted about 75 root sites and it spreads quickly if your not mindful.

This years batch so far has been "Take Your Breath Away" hot, and I will give you a few directions as to how to process it anywhere from Mild to Holy Cr*p... it's in the grind/coarseness and the oxidation timing.

I am located in a NWI town called Munster, it is right at the Illinois/Indiana border. Keep this thread in mind, I'll happily send you some Horseradish root and some basic directions to propagate it when they take off again in the spring, we planted about 75 root sites and it spreads quickly if your not mindful.

This years batch so far has been "Take Your Breath Away" hot, and I will give you a few directions as to how to process it anywhere from Mild to Holy Cr*p... it's in the grind/coarseness and the oxidation timing.

That's sounds awesome! I'm more of a holy **** hot kind of person, so I'm looking forward to it!

I have Willamette, Fuggle, and Cascade plants that need to be trimmed. I am interested in trading for some Horseradish Root, Heirloom Garlic, and/or Heirloom Tomatoes,

You got it friend.... The garlic and horseradish has been put to a mulch/dirt nap but we have barely seen frost....in the spring when they awaken I will thin them and put some aside for those that want some...peppers and toms I collect seed...if your growing season is cooperative seed is always on hand..

My centennial will need be cut back next so I can set you up with those. I would be really interested in some heirloom tomato!

(And I am just out side of Ann Arbor, MI)

Tim

Latest posts

Back