Beersmith help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cee3

Reaction score
I'll be adding candi sugar to my boil, and Beersmith has me adding it at the beginning of the boil. I plan on adding it closer to flame-out. Does anyone know if there's a setting in Beersmith that lets me change where that shows up in the Brewing Steps?

I'll be adding candi sugar to my boil, and Beersmith has me adding it at the beginning of the boil. I plan on adding it closer to flame-out. Does anyone know if there's a setting in Beersmith that lets me change where that shows up in the Brewing Steps?

From memory:: when in recipe view double click on the candi sugar "item" in your recipe there is a box that will allow you to add at flameout or after boil ends - I forget the exact term used. This will give you results very close to adding the sugar 5 or so minutes before the end of the boil.

It might be a nice feature to make that time when you add the sugar user configurable.

From memory:: when in recipe view double click on the candi sugar "item" in your recipe there is a box that will allow you to add at flameout or after boil ends - I forget the exact term used. This will give you results very close to adding the sugar 5 or so minutes before the end of the boil.

Thanks Cugel. There is a check box to "Add After Boil", but it then adds it to the section where you add things to the fermenter.

Thanks Cugel. There is a check box to "Add After Boil", but it then adds it to the section where you add things to the fermenter.

Ah brewing steps. I getcha, and I am fairly sure that you cannot change those steps. Sorry... misread your intentions.

It would be a nice item to be able to edit/modify.

Latest posts

Back