Need some help in planning my HERMS system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goingmad

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently collecting the parts needed for building a new HERMS system with the following criterias:

3 26.5 gallons kettles: Hlt, MT, Boil kettle
2 gas jet burners for Hlt and boil kettle
wort recirculating inside the HLt from the MT
2 March pumps
1 counterflow cooler for wort from the boiling kettle to the fermenter after the boiling time

everything will be managed by the brewtroller microcontroller with the 3 relays and the 16 relays boards.

I'm quite stuck on planning the correct water/wort and gas solenoid valves number and placement among one kettle and the other, in order to automate all the HERMS process.

Is there anybody with an already done similar project that could be so nice to share it here?

Thanks and cheers!

g_m

You need to check out Black Heart Brewery. They are using a brewtroller and 12 liquid valves. Check out the following -

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Biggie!

I already knew this amazing brewing project, but I was thinking to cool the wort with a counterflow system. Even so, I've had a closer look at their images showing the different phases and now it's much clearer. Well, at least that's what it seems to me right now, before proceeding with the real project!

Cheers!

Back