• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

7 Gallon Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverCityBrewer

Reaction score
I have a 7 gallon Blichmann w/ standard fittings for sale or trade. I don't brew 5 gallon batches anymore so the items I am looking for are a 14+ gallon conical or a Sabco fermenter. I will also gladly accept cash and I'm hoping I can get $400 out of it... I paid about $575 for it a year ago and did about 3 batches on it before I moved to a 10 gallon system and its been sitting ever since. I can deliver or meet within 120 mile radius of Cincinnati, OH but if you want it shipped it'll cost extra.

Thanks,

Joe

**Edit - Price dropped to $350**

I'd like to try a conical and live an hour away, but I don't understand the benefit to cost ratio of a plastic bucket. Maybe someday when I have every other brewery toy. Would be willing to trade some paintball guns though!! haha Sorry.

Ha, I have some higher end paintball guns I need to get rid of too... Well they used to be high end (AKALMP) Viking and Excal, have no idea what I could get for them now.

Same boat here. Seems we played the same level during the same time. Good luck selling. FWIW, Pics always help in For Sale Threads

This will make it very hard for you to get your price for it:

http://conical-fermenter.com/products/conical-fermenters/

That's the one I have and am pleased with it.
The Blichman as far as I know will allow for pressurized co2 transfer of the contents of the conical, but the one I have won't.
Still for the price, and with sanitary fittings, I had mine delivered for less that what you want. Not saying what you have isn't worth it, because it is.
Everything like this is foreign, so I have no reason to feel loyalty to a homemade product like most of you would. Remember to buy USA if you live in the USA, if you can.

That's the one I have and am pleased with it.
The Blichman as far as I know will allow for pressurized co2 transfer of the contents of the conical, but the one I have won't.
Still for the price, and with sanitary fittings, I had mine delivered for less that what you want. Not saying what you have isn't worth it, because it is.
Everything like this is foreign, so I have no reason to feel loyalty to a homemade product like most of you would. Remember to buy USA if you live in the USA, if you can.

I know, I'm looking at the 14 gallon one of those - price dropped to $350 :mug:

I need this thing gone, we just had a baby and the wife says I can't upgrade any equipment until I unload some other gear.

Joe

1. Nice price!
  2. It's a Blichmann
  3. It has handles (the others don't)
  4. Pressurizable
  5. You can add leg extensions and wheels.

Unfortunately, I'm looking for a 14gal version too. :mad:

If you were looking for a slot machine and some baitcasters or my cooler ag setup I'd say were in business but I'm in the same boat. Wife wont let me spend money till after the baby is born...probably to see f we have anything left

What are you looking for in trade? I have some nearly new 5g ball lock kegs. I could do part or full trade and I get a decent fedex ground discount. I have a couple tap handles and a drip tray with drain, and some standard faucets.
photo47.jpg
photo24.jpg
photo28.jpg

I have a question for those of you that mention pressurizing the fermenter.

Would it be better to have a 1.25" hole, where you could rig up a drilled stopper with a hose barb to press your beer out of the fermenter (the hole is also useful for your airlock), or

is it better to have a hose barb in the fermenter lid that you can use for pressurizing/pushing the beer out as well as an airlock (you would need to run a hose down to a bucket of sanitizer), or

both (you would need to put a stopper in the 1.25" hole to be able to use the hose barb).

I'd appreciate your thoughts and ideas on this.

We do have a couple of extra 14.5 gallon fermenters available in about 2 weeks that will have both a hose barb and a 1.25" hole for a drilled stopper (they are not shown on our website).

Thanks,

John/Stout Tanks and Kettles
(www.conical-fermenter.com)

Back