What style of beer did I brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumberjackJohn

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my batch of beer is currently sitting in the carboy, and I'm wondering what style of beer is closest to what I achieved. Here are the stats.

Ingredients:
3.75lbs Coopers Dark Ale LME
2.00lbs Brewery Grade Corn Syrup
1/4oz Cascade hops for 60min
1/4oz Cascade hops for 30min
1/2oz Cascade hops for 5 minutes
Danstar Nottingham Yeast

Original Gravity: 1.040
SG into Carboy: 1.007

SRM: About 20
IBU: 10.54

I have pictures on my blog, here's the link to the blog:
Life with John

And a direct link to a picture of the beer in hydrometer test tube:
CIMG2586.JPG (image)

Thanks for the help guys!

geez - I think you managed to make your own style. Nothing really matches! LOL

Must be some carmilization going on with that SRM!

Closest thing is probably a Mild - English Brown Ale (BJCP Style 11A), but I don't think that your US hops really fit there. There aren't that many Ale styles at 10 IBUs.

Cool, I like creating my own things! Now I can give it a creative name and not worry about copyright infringement.

"No,no, it's not Sam Adams, it's a Sam Abrams! See, its different, I added a tablespoon of sugar!"

"Yeah, but you didn't brew it, you just put sugar in the pint glass."

I think I shall call it "Moose's Mystery Ale," because it is a mystery what I was aiming for, lol.

Sounds tasty, that's probably my favorite part about brewing, making stuff up. Just don't send it to the Long Shot calling it something dumb like I did (had to enter a style but since I used pale and dark malt extracts, honey, and cascade, didn't really know which one to put it under:p ).

Back