The great beer delivery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muss

Reaction score
The nice folks at the Speights brewery in the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand are placing a pub on a barge and sending it over to London. A few lucky people get to ride the pub across the ocean and drink free beer all they way:D

www.greatbeerdelivery.co.nz

zoebisch01 said:
Ok, I guess the question begs to be asked....."Why?"
:mug:

Apparently a lot of kiwis living in England wrote to the Speights Brewery in NZ asking where they could get speights. Since speights diddn't distribute their beer in England they just sent cases over to whoever wrote in. Then not only did they decide to start distributing it in England but they deciced to send a whole friggin NZ South Island style pub:D

The winners of the competition get to ride the pub over and promote Speights to the English pub.

So why? I suppose they wanted to make a grand entrance, it might be good advertising.

boo boo said:
I guess a score of drunk seasick kiwis arriving in the harbour would make a great impression,lol.:mug:

Yeah, on second thoughts that may not be a good idea because by the time they reach the shore they'll be so drunk they'll hurl and pee everywhere and get cocky to all the brits.

Actually they might just fit right in.

Back