Best cellaring beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsname

Reaction score
My cousin is getting married mid-July and I'd like to brew something nice in time to give to her and her husband that they can enjoy come anniversary time.

I've been looking into recipes and there may not be enough time to make a barleywine should secondary fermentation be pushed into the 3 month period.

Is there anything else good to cellar that I can brew in time for the wedding?

A good BDSA will age out nicely. Belgians seen to just keep changing and getting better with age.

A beer they like. Thats probably enough time to do a good lager if you can.A strong stout if they like those.Cali-common.

Anything with a good amount of alcohol but doesn't rely on strong hops flavor/aroma. Alcohol will help with stability and hops fade over time.

If you are willing to brew a sour that would also be ready in about a year.

I've had 10 yo Chimay Grande Reserve and it's one of the best beers I've tasted.
I had 11 yo too in the same vertical tasting but it was oxidized.
It's very important to cellar in right temps, darkness and humidity if you're going to cellar beer over ~5 years.

Back