Calling Electricians, Keezer build Q&A

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PricePeeler

Reaction score
Friends/electricians,
I am pretty sure I already know the answer to my question , but thought I would go ahead and throw it out there.
I am building a keezer out of a chest freezer. The hinged door has:
-a light wired to the front of the lid and
-a high temp alert on/off switch

The wires are so short that I can unhinge the door and raise it more than an inch or two. Need more height with the collar I am building.

I cut the 4 wires and capped them with wire splicing caps. Is there any issue here I should be concerned about?

1. correct me if I am wrong, but cutting the connection to the light should not hurt anything, don't even know if it's part of the high temp sensor or not. May be just a power light, but I never have seen it on when I tested the freezer.
2. I figured, it's an on/off switch, so capping the bare wire ends really does not change anything.

Thanks for the advice,
photo44.jpg

Sorry about the large picture, working to correct, but can't remember password to server.

PricePeeler
PLEASE resize your photo on the hosting site!!!

no, cutting the light and temp sensor is probably fine - (disconnect from power first) and wire-nut/tape to avoid shorts. Or...if you want the light to work, cut the wire and splice a length to it. The temp sensor may well have an on/off switch hidden in the back of the lid - look for it - mine did.

Back