Force carb bottle method ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis31

Reaction score
Ok noob question here.

I have a 5g keg and can carbonate it just fine and it turns out nice.

But what if i am going to bottle off it?
And yes i have read about CPBF, BMBF and BGBF.

What if I wanted a few P.E.T bottles to go to the lake.
Why couldn't i just force carbonate them with this?
http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/catalogsearch/result/?q=the+carbonator&x=0&y=0

And use this method?
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPpXXnDqYnY[/URL]

I am thinking i will get the beer gun. But for the mean time, couldn't i do this?
Yes a 12 pack would be allot of shaking lol.

Thank you

why not just carb the 5g corny and then fill the bottles...I just fill until the foam comes out of the bottle to purge o2. although its not optimal, beer will easily be perfect for a few days...just be sure to turn the regulator down to <5psi or you will have foam city...

I might try that again from the keg. But my last time it didn't work very well.
So you just pour, cap and your good for a few days?
Mine ended up losing head fast not lacing and having very little carbonation.
I did leave some room in the top of the bottle, do you fill it all the way to the top with beer?

But for only $18 bucks for the force carb cap at our HomeBrewShop, if i can force carbonate a few plastic bottles while, if waiting for my whole keg to carbonate, taking some to the lake or to give to friends. It would be nice.
And by doing it with the cap i should only need one cap, if i can do it like in the video. He has a rig he made in the video and a ball lock to let off pressure. My idea was to open the cap slowly a little pressure off and then recap with a normal cap. If i can cap on some foam then it should be good? That is my idea anyways.

But for only $18 bucks for the force carb cap at our HomeBrewShop, if i can force carbonate a few plastic bottles while, if waiting for my whole keg to carbonate, taking some to the lake or to give to friends. It would be nice.
And by doing it with the cap i should only need one cap, if i can do it like in the video. He has a rig he made in the video and a ball lock to let off pressure. My idea was to open the cap slowly a little pressure off and then recap with a normal cap. If i can cap on some foam then it should be good? That is my idea anyways.

Why is this any different than bottling from a carbonated keg?

I was thinking it might hold the carbonation better.
I believe that is why they have special bottle fillers out there?
And Instead of waiting any time for your keg to carbonate, you can force carb instantly a bottle.

If i could just pour and cap great but i have tried that and it sucked for me.
Maybe there are some techniques i haven't read about?
But in only one day my beer had very little carbonation strait from keg to bottle.

This is just a cheep idea until i can buy the http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/blichmann-beer-gun.html

Here is the video link again, I didn't post it right the first time.

Has anyone used a rig like this or the cap ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back