bargain fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdb185

Reaction score
well, i enjoyed some of my homebrew the other night and got quite intoxicated (hammered actually). so, i ended up doing the drunk impulse buy thing and got the weldless keggle fitting from bargain fittings. i did this late friday night or early saturday (hard to recall :drunk:). needless to say, the fitting arrived on my doorstep on monday morning!!!!! now that is what i call prompt service. i have never had a business ship anything over the weekend like that. anyway, i just wanted to express my appreciation and extreme satisfaction with their service. i will definately hit them up for some more business.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Do they email you a confirmation or send a tracking number? I ordered one a few days ago and haven't heard anything, but I guess the payment just went through yesterday. I don't expect it to arrive quickly since I'm in Alaska, but I like to track the stuff I order.

well, i ordered using paypal. i got an e-mail confirmation through paypal with the confirmation/receipt number and tracking information. so, technically, i don't guess i received a notice directly from bargain fittings. i would only assume that since they took the time to package and ship something out in the middle of the weekend that they would be more than happy to help you out if you called or e-mailed them.

well, i enjoyed some of my homebrew the other night and got quite intoxicated (hammered actually). so, i ended up doing the drunk impulse buy thing and got the weldless keggle fitting from bargain fittings. i did this late friday night or early saturday (hard to recall :drunk:). needless to say, the fitting arrived on my doorstep on monday morning!!!!! now that is what i call prompt service. i have never had a business ship anything over the weekend like that. anyway, i just wanted to express my appreciation and extreme satisfaction with their service. i will definately hit them up for some more business.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I appreciate the business. I try to treat my customers as I would want to be treated. I don't promise to ship on Saturdays but I usually do it if I can fit it in my schedule. The only thing that trumps it are obligations to the wife and marathon brewing!

Do they email you a confirmation or send a tracking number? I ordered one a few days ago and haven't heard anything, but I guess the payment just went through yesterday. I don't expect it to arrive quickly since I'm in Alaska, but I like to track the stuff I order.

Hey!
I just ordered a weldless fitting kit for my cooler and keg conversion and didn't receive a tracking number. The order status on the website said complete. So I called and was given the tracking number. Turns out it was already shipped to its destination.

Would anyone have a diagram on how to bolt it on the keg? The Bulkhead or ball valve don't seem to screw on the coupler very far. maybe a 1/4" in and that's it. I'm not sure what is preventing the fittings from screwing deeper except for a possible tread mismatch. I'm worried that it won't fasten tight enough on my keg once I drill the hole.

Thanks.

When you install them with teflon tape they will seat fully.

These are tapered pipe threads except for the lock nut which is straight threaded. They are only designed to screw down a portion of the thread.

Install instructions are here:
instructions.jpg

If you have a problem feel free to contact me.

I have ordered roughly $500 in parts over 10 orders from Bargainfittings in the last 6 months. I don't think any of the orders have taken more than 72 hours to show up on my doorstep even if I ordered them Friday or over the weekend. Wayne is the man. Not to mention his prices are better than everyone for the equivalent parts. $19 for a complete SS bulkead, brass ball valve/barb is half the price my LHBS charges.

Wayne do you have a frequent shopper discount?

Thanks for the diagram and info!!

I just drilled the hole in my keg and installed the weldless fittings. Worked like a charm! Tested for leaks, Bone dry!!

Now time to try the cooler assembly :)

Hey Mobstar,

How long did it take to receive your order?
How were the shipping costs?

Thanks

Hey Mobstar,

How long did it take to receive your order?
How were the shipping costs?

Thanks

Shipping was really fast, so fast that it arrived without me even knowing. I live in Canada and had it shipped to a UPS store just across teh border to save $20 in shipping.
Bargainfittings has a $5 flat rate shipping which ROCKS!
Just to cross the border and drive 40 minutes to my house would have cost me $20 more according to Paypal.

Seems like awesome quality materials!

The Bulkhead or ball valve don't seem to screw on the coupler very far. maybe a 1/4" in and that's it. I'm not sure what is preventing the fittings from screwing deeper except for a possible tread mismatch. I'm worried that it won't fasten tight enough on my keg once I drill the hole.

Thanks.

I thought the same - the thread didn't seem long enough. But it seems to work fine and doesn't leak.

How are the weldless fittings? Do they leak?

they don't leak at all however the only thing I don't like is that the bulkhead comes off when I try to remove my down tube because the bulkhead doesn't screw tight enough onto the coupler. I'd have to use pliers to tighten it up or maybe a thin lock washer but I don't want to scratch it up.

Mobstar: are you using a compression fitting for the dip tube? If so, you might try using silicone O rings instead of the metal rings inside the fitting for easier removal.

they don't leak at all however the only thing I don't like is that the bulkhead comes off when I try to remove my down tube because the bulkhead doesn't screw tight enough onto the coupler. I'd have to use pliers to tighten it up or maybe a thin lock washer but I don't want to scratch it up.

Are you using the stainless steel washer outside the kettle? I would seat the locknut all the way down and then install it through the wall of the kettle and then install the valve to see if it will thread enough to tighten down without the washer.

You can wrap the pliers teeth in tape or wrap the coupling with some cardboard to help from scratching the coupling.

Sorry to bring up a dead thread but I reallly wanted to let you guys know how kick ass bargain fittings is. I ordered a weldless valve this morning around 7:30 AM (Pacific time) and just got an e-mail stating it has already shipped at 11:30 AM. Thanks a lot for the great customer service

Only today, did I find this forum, which I may have visited once. From an Akron brewing friend, who has Wayne's fittings, I found bargain fittings. Like some of you, I placed my order either late at night, or early the next day. In the afternoon of the next day, I received an email from Wayne, telling me the order had been shipped USPS Priority. It arrived today, and I was so pleased with the timeliness, and the packaging, I made a phone call. Wayne answered the phone, and had a time to chat with we me about my set-up. In the course of the conversation, he mentioned HomeBrewTalk. Here I am and pleased to be a part of this family. Gary

Yup! Wayne has great customer service. He supplies us with some of our fittings.

Welcome to HBT!
Cheers!

Gary, welcome to a great place!

It's cool you got here through Wayne. I don't know him, but did get the same great & speedy service on my MLT fittings from him that everyone else has reported. I'll go back to him in a heartbeat!

Back