Copper Tubing from NJ Home Depot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this inside another thread where it was off topic. Putting it here in case anyone in the New Jersey area is interested.

My local (Flemington, NJ) Home Depot had a clearance sale on 50 feet of 3/8 diameter copper tubing for $33 (regularly $63), but was sold out. They called around and found the Phillipsburg store had them in stock. Somehow they got Phillipsburg to honor the price even though they weren't having the same closeout sale. (The manager at Flemington was a really cute girl and she knew the guy who was the Phillipsburg manager.) It was over 20 miles one way, but it was a nice day today to take the bike out for a ride. You might want to check out your local HD. For some reason, most of the NJ stores are no longer going to carry the 3/8” diameter in 50' lengths, so there closing them out.

Braiding the retaining wire to hole everything in place was a pain in the a$$, but I’m happy with the results. It’s going to be a big improvement from the 12 ft IC I made when all I was doing was partial boils.

New IC.jpg

That looks really nice, and at a great price. I picked up 50' around a month ago for more than $66, and I cut it half to make a 25' IC. Now I'm kicking myself and wishing I kept it at 50'.

...more details on the cute manager please! MW
Blonde, great fit athletic body, about 5’ 10”, nice friendly personality . . . Have to see if she’s interested in participating in the boob thread :D

. . .I picked up 50' around a month ago for more than $66, and I cut it half to make a 25' IC. Now I'm kicking myself and wishing I kept it at 50'.
When discussing this with SWMBO I told her I could make the 25’ IC I’d been shopping for and sell the rest and pretty much come out even. One look at all that nice copper and I lost all control. It’s not my fault. Homebrew sickness took control of my body.

You got lucky. Checked my HD today. No deal. They didn't even carry 3/8"x50ft. I might have to resort to coppertubingsales.com.

You got lucky. Checked my HD today. No deal. They didn't even carry 3/8"x50ft. I might have to resort to coppertubingsales.com.
Don't put it off too long. OMG! The new IC worked great. Before this I was putting my pot in a ice bath, swirling the ice around the bath with one hand and stirring the inside with my "mini" IC with my other hand. It worked, but very labor intense. It was nice to just drop it in and watch the temperature drop. (More time to drink beer!) A side benefit was that without all the stirring and shaking the hops and break settled out well and I had a lot less crap to filter out going into the carboy.

Back