Good place to buy beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats sweet, even had some beer from Durango where I live. happy that i've finally found a place to get the 90 minute IPA, now i just have to find the 120 minute IPA. thanks

Man, I'm envious! They also sell Intelligentsia coffee which is fantastic. I generally roast my own, but when I don't feel like it and need some beans for espresso I always grab some Black Cat at a grocer down here that happens to stock it. The few times I've been to Chicago I've gone out of my way to have an espresso at one of their cafes.

Guess I'm safely off-topic at this point :drunk:

drengel said:
thats sweet, even had some beer from Durango where I live. happy that i've finally found a place to get the 90 minute IPA, now i just have to find the 120 minute IPA. thanks

Total Beverage - 104th and Grant in Thornton. If you're up here, that is.

Man, that 120 minute is the BEST IPA I have ever tasted. Costly, but worth it. Total Beverage has the best selection I have ever seen.

There used to be a Total Beverage here in the Chicago area, in Naperville. But they went downhill after a couple of years and closed about 2-3 years ago.

Binny's is great. I also love Sam's. Used to go there when I lived in Lincoln Park. Now they have one in Downer's Grove I usually stop at every other Friday on my way home. They had a beer & wine tasting there last Sunday. 40+ beers; sadly, I couldn't make it.

Rhoobarb said:
There used to be a Total Beverage here in the Chicago area, in Naperville. But they went downhill after a couple of years and closed about 2-3 years ago.

Binny's is great. I also love Sam's. Used to go there when I lived in Lincoln Park. Now they have one in Downer's Grove I usually stop at every other Friday on my way home. They had a beer & wine tasting there last Sunday. 40+ beers; sadly, I couldn't make it.

Dude...you started spouting off all of those cities and it got me thinking...LaGrange can't be far from you then, huh?

ORRELSE said:
Dude...you started spouting off all of those cities and it got me thinking...LaGrange can't be far from you then, huh?

No, not at all! If I avoid rush hour traffic, I can be there in under 30 mins. from my house. There is a great bar & grill there called Palmer's Place. Food is so-so at best, but their beer selection is great and they have a nice beer garden!

Rhoobarb said:
No, not at all! If I avoid rush hour traffic, I can be there in under 30 mins. There is a great place called Palmer's Place. Food is so-so at best, but their beer selection is great and they have a nice beer garden!

I'll be damned.....my grandparent's live in LaGrange. Next time I'm up there I'll definitely check that place out. Thanks for tip. I'll let you know beforehand, maybe we can meet up for a brew or two.

I'd suggest getting together for a brew session--but my daughters would LOVE that. :rolleyes: :D

ORRELSE said:
I'll be damned.....my grandparent's live in LaGrange. Next time I'm up there I'll definitely check that place out. ...

Yes, let me know! :) I haven't been to Palmers in awhile and you'd have no trouble talking me into to meeting up there!

Rhoobarb said:
Yes, let me know! :) I haven't been to Palmers in awhile and you'd have no trouble talking me into to meeting up there!

You guys going to Palmers? I'll go to Palmers!! I used to hang out in La Grange a lot when I was in High School. I had a lot of friends in the area. Now I almost never get back there. Did you know that the most haunted spot in the world, Bachelor's Grove Cemetery isn't far from there.

I'd heard of Bachelor's Grove, but never knew it was there! Cool!

Yeah, next time ORRELSE is in the area, we should plane a meet there! Or, we could plan a meet there for anyone in the area, anytime - but probably sometime after the holidays! ;)

Back