Efficiency boost!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
I am happy to state that with my new corona mill, after some tinkering, I have achieved 80% efficiency! I did an octoberfest this saturday, and with my own crush i actually overshot my OG. Originally it was suppose to me 1.060, and I hit 1.066! :ban: The color looks fantastic, I have to say that I am super pumped about this one. It is my 7th AG, and I can taste that I am getting better and better with every batch. Thanks to all you guys for your helpful imput and advice. Now.... time for another EW's pale ale. :mug:

I am happy to state that with my new corona mill, after some tinkering, I have achieved 80% efficiency! I did an octoberfest this saturday, and with my own crush i actually overshot my OG. Originally it was suppose to me 1.060, and I hit 1.066! :ban: The color looks fantastic, I have to say that I am super pumped about this one. It is my 7th AG, and I can taste that I am getting better and better with every batch. Thanks to all you guys for your helpful imput and advice. Now.... time for another EW's pale ale. :mug:

Awesome.

I'm still trying to get some consistency, but my 2nd batch with the corona, I planned for 70%, and.....ended up with 88%. Was planning 1.056, and came out...1.070. Ended up just making 6g instead of 5. 3rd batch was in the low 80s. I'm pretty sure, at this point, that I'm getting 100% conversion, and its just lautering issues thats causing the inconsistency.

I'm totally confused about all the crap people talk about these things.

Awesome. Now make sure it stays there. Efficiency jumping all over the place is much worse than low efficiency.

Back