AG Batch #2 -- Wish me luck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooser

Reaction score
I just started my second all grain batch. The first one I made a bunch of small mistakes but by the end the beer was still drinkable. The biggest thing I did wrong was after I had small boilover with hops on the ground, I added more hops which I guess I shouldn't have done. I also started off with a low mash temp, which I ended up spending too much time to correct.

So far this time mash temp is good sitting at 152F.
Now I just have to make sure to watch out so not to have a boilover.

:mug:

This time I also have a wort chiller and not an ice bath. The wort chiller came from Bobby_M's videos. Thanks

So I had a small boilover again but it was just before I was about to add my hops.

Next batch I'm getting a bigger pot. 7.5gal turkey fryer is just a bit too small I think

So I had a small boilover again but it was just before I was about to add my hops.

Next batch I'm getting a bigger pot. 7.5gal turkey fryer is just a bit too small I think

My first AG boil pot was that size. It's doable, but as you already know, you really have to watch it. Keep an eye out at restaurant auctions for 40-60qt pots. You can get them pretty cheap, if you're patient.

Back