How much beer do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to how many beer per night you guys drink?.. I see some of you guys with 4-6-8 taps.. to me that would mean 4-6-8 beer a night at least and that's not the including the weekend!

SWMBO is worried that as soon as I get my fridge and taps set up I'll be downstairs I'll be passed out on the Foosball table everynight.. I told maybe only for the 1st couple of weeks..:ban::drunk:

what say you?

It varies...sometimes none, sometimes 4 or 5. Depends on the mood I'm in, what I've got going on, what's going on the next day at work, how my kindey is doing...I let my body tell me how much to drink that night. :)

At least one almost every day... No more than 2.... (maybe 3) .... course there are exceptions :mug:

My SWMBO shares this concern about getting the kegging setup, but still she is right there with me. (likes her nightly IPA)

I usually have a couple each night with dinner....maybe one more for "dessert". Never really get "drunk". When I first got the keggerator.....well that was another story. But like everything else... it lost it's 'newness' and you get back to normal....

I don't drink a lot during the week. Depending on my mood, I'll have one or two, but typically I just don't. The weekends tend to get really silly for me.

I see some of you guys with 4-6-8 taps.. to me that would mean 4-6-8 beer a night...
The multiple tap setups aren't necessarily to increase volume, just variety. My intake wouldn't change just because I had the ability to keep more beer cold. I'd still have the occasional weekday beer and a few more during the weekends.

+1 on the multiple taps being for variety I have 4 taps always going and it doesn't increase my intake, most nights I have a pint.

With me, i'm a shift worker and away from home working for about half each month..and while working, on duty so no drinks. But on my days off, i rarely drink every night..but maybe one or two beer a night when i do decide to have some... :mug:

Usually 5 pints a day average, some days more, some days 5....

"What say you?"

First off, fooseball tables are no place to pass out, they are uncorftable, the little men on the sticks will leave inprints on your face, and besides...someone might want to play while you are passed out....the section under the pinball machine or under the airhockey table is a much better place to pass out. It's out of the way, drink any beer that spills on you, and it's almost like a cave (air hockey tables especially).

If the little lady in you life protests, dump her. I say dump her for multiple reasons...first, "there is a wound that never heals and it smells like fish". Second, if she doesn't understand the comforts of a good pint then she's not worth having around. Thrid, there's always the right hand to keep you company when lonely...and the left hand to hold the pint to comfort you after the right hand is done. So say I!

my first kegged beer was an 8% stout. i finished the entire thing in 4 days. i was late for work the last day. that's when i started making light beers...nothing but 3-4% beers on tap. now it's not a problem anymore. i can have beer around and only pull a pint or two if i want.

Depends. i work shift work, some nights. I may come home in the morning after a lousy night and pour a beer to chill out before sleep. This week SWMBO is with her sister in AZ and I am a single guy (- dogs, lizards and kids) so a few more may be in order. Everything is harmful in excess, look at asprin. Its a freaking acid, eat a golf ball of the stuff and you are dead. Moderation is the key, unless you have a DD:rockin:

"What say you?"

First off, fooseball tables are no place to pass out, they are uncorftable, the little men on the sticks will leave inprints on your face, and besides...someone might want to play while you are passed out....the section under the pinball machine or under the airhockey table is a much better place to pass out. It's out of the way, drink any beer that spills on you, and it's almost like a cave (air hockey tables especially).

If the little lady in you life protests, dump her. I say dump her for multiple reasons...first, "there is a wound that never heals and it smells like fish". Second, if she doesn't understand the comforts of a good pint then she's not worth having around. Thrid, there's always the right hand to keep you company when lonely...and the left hand to hold the pint to comfort you after the right hand is done. So say I!

you are a wise man...

:mug:

TJ,
Thanks for asking that question, I have been wondering the same thing for quite some time. Now that I love home brewing, it has come up again.

Guitargod and Death, you are very wise, excellent points.

"What say you?"

Will this fit in my signature?
:rockin:

I am usually 1-2 during the week, sometimes none... If I am working in the yard or on the cars during the weekend, the taps flow freely...

Usually 2-3 per night ..might switch to wine

must challenge myself to

a :drink less or

b: brew MORE

House rules:

Everyone has to pour their own.
No drinking before noon.
Always use small glasses 'cause big glasses will get you hammered fast.

Seriously, I only drink a pint or so per day. That, of course, is an estimate of the number of small glasses.

Some nights none.

Most nights 2-5 pints, never drunk though... start time depends on my work schedule so some nights are longer than others.

I always have a few drinks while I study, and lately... that's been every day.

does anyone agree with me when I say I would drink one for breakfast, 2 with lunch and 3 or 4 with dinner if it didn't get you drunk? I've thought it would be the best thing in the world to make a good NA beer, but I've never seen one

I have increased my drinking since I have started home brewing. Mostly because I am trying to make bottles, Which is causing me to enjoy a few beers a night. :D

personally, I doubt I will drink very heavy, since the process takes so damn long. When I get to set amount of bottles, I will be to the point of savoring what I have until the next brew is complete.

you have to pull the taps each night so they don't stick:D

Get Perlicks, then you only need to pull the taps to check out that it really is working the way they should. ;)

rtockstdoes anyone agree with me when I say I would drink one for breakfast, 2 with lunch and 3 or 4 with dinner if it didn't get you drunk?

I agree.

DeathBrewerwait...what smells like fish? lol

Chicken :p

I'll generally have a beer or maybe two in the evening. Weekends maybe three throughout the day. This might change once I get the latest batch (belgian wit) in the keg. I've got IPA in there now. Well, if that belgian ever starts fermenting that is...

I sometimes go without beer on any random day, but I find that drinking a bottle of pop (soda) is just way too much sugar any more. So, water, tea or beer.

Wednesday nights are my 'poker night' where I'm in my home office playing poker online with 2 taps right behind me, so I always drink on Wednesdays. Beyond that I'll typically have a few when I'm brewing and one night every other weekend with a few in between. All told it probably averages out to between 1 and 2 beers a night.

I have increased my drinking since I have started home brewing. Mostly because I am trying to make bottles, Which is causing me to enjoy a few beers a night

I bet I hadn't had 15 beers in the year before I started brewing again.....I had a scotch or 3 most nights...maybe some wine. But the day I started back to brewing....BAM! 1 - 3 or 4 per night...the kegs make it hard to tell...I usually pour a pint of mild when I get home....top it off before I eat, then have a bigger beer or 2 before bed. If I drink much more than that, I usually get a hankering for wine, Apfelwein (also on tap), or whiskey....then things go down hill fast.

I bet I hadn't had 15 beers in the year before I started brewing again.....I had a scotch or 3 most nights...maybe some wine. But the day I started back to brewing....BAM! 1 - 3 or 4 per night...the kegs make it hard to tell...I usually pour a pint of mild when I get home....top it off before I eat, then have a bigger beer or 2 before bed. If I drink much more than that, I usually get a hankering for wine, Apfelwein (also on tap), or whiskey....then things go down hill fast.
I can imagine a keg would be bad news for me.

I could see myself pouring a bit extra, just so I wouldnt have to get up again in ten minutes.

I had five beers last night. Probably the most I have had in one sitting in years.

A pint or less a day. Since I have taps, I can have a half pint. I probably drink less now than before I brewed.

After a long 10 hour day of school and work I will sit down and enjoy 1-3 glasses plus a little something to smoke on. If I didn't have a productive day I try to not have any beer, because then I feel like I dont deserve to sit on my ass and drink. I look at having a few beers as an act of celebration, celebrating the small things in life like a long productive day, or just to cap off a good day. Weekends-generally a lot of beer is consumed with friends. Holidays-lots of beer is consumed with family.

man, i must've had 15 last night. i feel terrible. might actually put off brewing tonight :(

You can't do that! You just drank 15! Have to replenish the stock.

Last Night I had a pint of my Scottish 60 (kegged), a bottle of my chocolate hazelnut porter, glass of mead with my red beans and rice, then 2 more pints of the Scottish 60. I drink more since having kegs. A batch in bottles would last a few months cause I could see it disappearing. In the keg it last a couple weeks once carbed cause it's drink, drink, drink, CRAP. Then when The keg gets low, Like now, I say one more to see if there's any left, one more to see if there's any left, repeat, repeat, repeat, fall down. :tank:

Back