Winter Blonde Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciphin78

Reaction score
I brewed this recipe almost 2 weeks ago:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f75/strawberry-alarm-clock-v3-0-strawberry-blonde-132129/

I made 10 gallons and this weekend I'll be taking 5 gallons and adding the strawberries. I'd like to do something different with the other 5 gals. My wife asked if I could make the other 5 a "winter" type beer. So, I need some ideas of what I could do with this blonde recipe in secondary to make it "winter'y".

Maybe cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg? Or, I've heard of spruce tips (not sure I'd be a fan of that). What do you guys think?

A lot of "winter/christmas" beers are just white/wit beer based with your basic "winter spices" like you mentioned. Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, ginger. citrus peel....even some of the "odder" spices work well in those blends, like cardamom or coriander.

Also dark fruits are common, figs, dates, plums, also pumpkin, sweet potato, cranberries....Heck even organic mince meat might be interesting (Just make sure it doesn't contain suet or fat.)

Think about the desserts and foods available at this time of year, and those are the flavors that you can work into a good base beer.

That blonde base with maybe figs or dates and a nice spice blend would be perfect.

Latest posts

Back