Relocating from TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bredstein

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I got a temporary job in Atlanta, GA, and will spend a year in this area. For the last ten years I have been living in Texas, and enjoyed a great selection and service at the Austin Homebrew Supply. I know that I can still use it through mail orders, but I would appreciate any advice regarding local stores. Also, are there any groups, which hold regular meetings, like Austin Zealots in Atlanta? Thank you all. Best, Andrew.

Check out Just Brew it. South of the airport.
He has a website and a great shop.

Check out Just Brew it. South of the airport.
He has a website and a great shop.

+1 on that as well. Doug, the owner is a really nice guy, and super, super helpful. Great prices on stuff, great mills, and real fresh grain/yeast/hops.

And Welcome to GA. I'm a TX transplant myself.

+1 to Just Brew It, in Jonesboro. The website is www.aardverdbrewing.com, and Doug, the owner, is really helpful. He has and extensive extract/all grain recipe selection in the store and only charges $7.95 for most recipe orders, and he ships NEXT DAY! Theyalso have a lot of equipment, fresh grain, hops, etc. Also, I'm not sure of what area in ATL you're in, but Hop City (www.hopcitybeer.com) in ATL is a good place with knowledgeable people, home brew equipment, grain, fresh hops, etc. AND they have a great growler wall/craft beer selection. And welcome to GA! My wife is from Texas, and I fell in love with St. Arnold Brewing on a recent trip to visit family out there.

Thank you all for the input. I so far visited a store in Alpharetta, bought something to start with, and made one brew, a simple bitter ale. The water here is very good, cannot wait to taste :) And yesterday I picked up a half-barrel keg for $25 at the craigslist, will be turning it into a keggle this weekend. The guy still has one more, if anybody needs a cheap keg.

Back