Stainless Piping and fittings source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckmann

Mann Cave Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.alloyandstainless.net/

I recently found this place and thought I would pass it along since they have the best prices I have seen. They only have a small amount of what they actually sell listed on the website. I would only use the website for the contact info anyway. It's best to call them as I found that their direct quoted prices are usually much better than what the website says.

From my limited experience in dealing with them. I believe it's a pretty small business and sadly they aren't really set up to do sales from the website very well. I also tried e-mailing them and it worked at first then they started loosing my e-mails into their spam folder so phone is the best. I would also say they seem a bit disorganized since they did mess up my small order of fittings and sent me some incorrect items, but the customer service was great. I called the next day and they shipped out the correct parts for no extra charge and didn't even ask me to return the parts I had. Sure it was a little bit of a hassle but the prices are so good it was worth it.

Here are the fittings I ordered. The 90 deg elbows are what was incorrect with my order. The larger ones are 3/4" and they were suppose to be street fittings and the smaller 1/2" 90s where suppose to be straight couplers. I called and they sent out the correct parts the same day no questions asked.

Also the original price he quoted me for the female npt 1/2" barbs was way higher than I could get elsewhere since the females aren't a normally stocked item. I let him know that and he did some looking around for a different source was able to get them to me for a good price. The in-stock items I thought were all a great price. All of the stuff pictured ran me about $36 shipped.

Stainless_fittings.jpg

Yeah, those are good prices.

1/2" FPT X 3/4" MPT 304 Stainless Steel Hex Bushing for $2.17 strikes me as quite the deal. That's less than 1/2 the price I just paid for one.

Yeah, those are good prices.

1/2" FPT X 3/4" MPT 304 Stainless Steel Hex Bushing for $2.17 strikes me as quite the deal. That's less than 1/2 the price I just paid for one.

If you were to call them their real price might be close to half that. Plus they have a lot more stuff than what is listed on the site, like hose barbs. They quoted me $3.36 for 1/2" hose barbs. Murray does have a better website though and still good prices.

I can't deal with places that don't keep decent track of inventory. I've tried Murray three times and every single time it's "oh, yes, we have 29 of those". Ok, I'll take 25. "we'll have that right out to you today". 6 days later..... "oh, what? No, we didn't have any of those in stock but we can get them drop shipped in 3 days". 7 days later.... "oh, you want us to cancel the order?" Did the order ship yet? "no".

The low prices pulled me in a few times but every one of my orders went something like the above.

Buyfittingsonline.com was my next go-to but the prices aren't that great either.

Same thing on my two orders from Murray. Just though it was me. I wasn't in a hurry, so I didn't consider it a problem. Guess that means if something is on back-order, find another souce. For me, it was just one thing out of a 30 piece order that held things up.

If you have time, their prices might be worth it to some.

Try calling Alloy and Stainless sometime. I'll admit they are a little disorganized, but they seemed very customer oriented and made sure I ended up getting everything I ordered correctly. I will use them again for future purchases.

I'd like to bump this thread, as I found alloyandstainless through ebay. They are calling me back about the 1" NPS locknuts but this is my results so far.

Qty 6 - 1/2" Threaded NPT Street Elbows 304 SS Local = $3.21 ea. - 19.26 A&S = $2.55 - 15.30
Qty 6 - 1/2" Threaded NPT Nipples 1/2" x 1-1/8" (close) 304 SS Local = $1.46 ea. - 8.76 A&S = $1.20 - 7.20
Qty 3 - 1/2" Threaded NPT Female Tee 304 SS Local = $2.85 ea. - 8.55 A&S = $2.25 - 6.75
Qty 10 - 1/2" Threaded NPT Full Coupling 304 SS Local = $4.50 ea. - 45 A&S = $1.33 - 13.30
Qty 1 - 3/4" to 1/2" Butt-Weld Reducer 304 SS Local = $9.98 ea. A&S = $12.90
Qty 1 - 1" Socket-Weld Coupling 304 SS Local = $5.35 ea. A&S = $6.35
Qty 3 - 1" NPS Locknut Local = $8.25 ea. - 24.75 A&S =
Sub = $111.67 Sub =
Tax = $7.26 Shipping =
Total = $118.93 Total =

Checked my card, shipping ended up being $12.50. Now that seems a little high but still the best prices I've found. The couplings at $1.33 is amazing. I order the parts for a keg tool as well. Only item they didn't have was the 1" stainless locknuts. I'm going to have to go Grainger for them.

The Sales guy I used was Wayne, but their ebay account has another agent. Anyway easy to word and willing to work on pricing. I'll let everyone know when I get things

Back