Oh shi experlative

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestes

Reaction score
I forgot to sanitize my secondary prior to adding my cider. I did however, sterilize, an rinse before i put it away 2 weeks ago, then rinsed it today prior to my colossal mess up. I know te risks of infection etc, what are my chances that this wil still be okay at the end?

I forgot to sanitize my secondary prior to adding my cider. I did however, sterilize, an rinse before i put it away 2 weeks ago, then rinsed it today prior to my colossal mess up. I know te risks of infection etc, what are my chances that this wil still be okay at the end?

Well, you said secondary, so what you are putting in there is already alcohol, which is an antiseptic. How long are you planning on keeping in secondary, and will you be stovetop pasteurizing soon after bottling?

That is the plan, i was going to wait till the weekend, back-sweeten, bottle, the stove top pasteurize thanx for the advice, i was really worried that i ruined it. It tastes pretty good now, a little bitter, but damn okay

Back